Thread: Bellator 101 results...guess what...has spoilers

Default Bellator 101 results...guess what...has spoilers

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/27...warren-vs-kirk

Joe Warren def. Nick Kirk via submission at 3:03 of round two
    Tiger Sarnavskiy def. Marcus Davis via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:40 of round one
    Will Brooks def. John Alessio via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-25)
    Ricardo Tirloni def. Rich Clementi via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
    Saad Awad def. Martin Stapleton via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:46 of round one

Brent Primus def. Scott Thometz via first-round rear-naked choke
    Nathan Coy def. Andy Uhrich via unanimous decision
    Marcin Held def. Ryan Healy via first-round KO
    Peter Aspinwall def. Jeremiah Riggs via split decision
    Austin Springer def. Zach Skinner via unanimous decision
    Dave Vitkay def. Tyson Jeffries via third-round rear-naked choke

One of the articles I was perusing before finding this particular one said that John Allessio is a journeyman. I guess Warren did what they planned for him to do and won.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

The über-hyped Warren last night and pushed him literally as "The Baddest Man on the Planet" and let me tell you, for a fight that was intended to simply get him into the finals got him touched up WAY too much by a relatively unknown, unproven fighter. Warren was eating jabs and was just super open on the feet(remember, they're hyping the "new and improved" Warren now training at Jackson's and 135....), he was getting tagged needlessly, throwing incredibly risky flying knees despite having a large reach advantage and only took the fight when he reverted to his bread and butter and took Kirk down.

The talk last night was that the next guy who faces him just has to keep it standing long enough from the distance to touch his chin once well and he'll be done. Really shoddy standup and I think an upset is definitely in the future....

Also, Held and Awad looked excellent, Brooks still has alot of work to do but has talent and Marcus Davis really shouldn't be in there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Marcus Davis really shouldn't be in there anymore.
    I hate to say it, but you're right. I've always been a big fan of his and he's put on some pretty great fights but I think it's time for him to hang it up.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I thought warren looked ok. His standup will never be great or probably even good. Thought he was using that jump knee to set up the takedown. Big props to him for the sub. It wasn't pretty but it worked. He showed some growth.

Man that alesio vs brooks fight was bloody. Wow that cut was nasty.

Tiger Sarnavskiy is no joke. I can see him taking this thing, he has the whole Russian bad ass thing down pat. Someone to keep my eye on as a future LW superstar....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information