• Wanderlie Silva

11 25.00%
  • other

3 6.82%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Johnny Bones the LHW GOAT?

Nope

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Nope
    Than who is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I'd hate/have to say yes. With The Iceman being a close second .
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Poll added
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Wand's incredible PRIDE run with both the MW championship and the GP from 2001 to 2006 is the best in my opinion.

He was such a berzerker and was just so dominant with wins over Rampage(2x), Sakuraba(3x for 205 title, 4x in total), Yoshida(2x), Arona, Hendo and really good fighters like Kondo, Tamura, Nakamura and many much larger opponents during this span like the aforementioned Yoshida, Fujita, Crocop draw etc, is just a crazy impressive streak, in which he really ran through most of his opponents, unless he was booked in a freakshow fight where he'd be giving up alot of weight(see Hunt fight)...

I don't believe Jones has put together that level of a run yet, he very well could, but I think for Wand's era and his consistent level of performance is something special.

Jones is one of my favs and I think he is hands down the best LHW champ ever and I know a lot of you guys hate him. However I will say this, isn't funny that most of us agree he is the goat of that weight class but has absolutely no knock out power? I mean most of his wins are via GnP TKO and subs.
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Wand's incredible PRIDE run with both the MW championship and the GP from 2001 to 2006 is the best in my opinion.

He was such a berzerker and was just so dominant with wins over Rampage(2x), Sakuraba(3x for 205 title, 4x in total), Yoshida(2x), Arona, Hendo and really good fighters like Kondo, Tamura, Nakamura and many much larger opponents during this span like the aforementioned Yoshida, Fujita, Crocop draw etc, is just a crazy impressive streak, in which he really ran through most of his opponents, unless he was booked in a freakshow fight where he'd be giving up alot of weight(see Hunt fight)...

I don't believe Jones has put together that level of a run yet, he very well could, but I think for Wand's era and his consistent level of performance is something special.
    Then why did you pick "Other" from the response options!?

Buttons were next to each other...

Randy Couture as an option and not Shogun hahahahahahaha

Couture lost to fighters no top fighter should ever lose to...near his prime.
    Last edited by dbader08; 09-25-2013 at 11:13 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post

So ive been MIA for a while and forgive my rustiness but did Pride have a div at "light heavyweight" ? What was that , like a 203 lbs or something weird? If im way off and Wandy does count in this poll ID prob go with his run but had some ?? on the matter. word.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Thread Information