0 0%
  • Wanderlie Silva

11 25.00%
  • other

3 6.82%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Is Johnny Bones the LHW GOAT?

Quote Originally Posted by classicironman View Post
    was really surprized chuck hasnt had more votes. In my opinion you cant just look at his wins but all the time Dana had him being Tito's body guard. so actually Chuck should be credited with both strings of wins.
    Chuck couldn't beat Wandy, Shogun or Rampage in his prime. Pride had the better fighters at the time.

Jones is currently still in his amazing run (although I think he just lost), which keeps his accomplishments at the forefront. I'll state again that i don't think he's beaten any elite fighters in their prime. My question for the forum is...If Jones loses his next fight and never reclaims the belt will he still be viewed as the GOAT a few years from now?
    Last edited by grambino; 09-29-2013 at 01:29 AM.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    If Jones loses his next fight and never reclaims the belt will he still be viewed as the GOAT a few years from now?
    In that (unlikely) scenario, I could see Jones failing to make LHW GOAT. It seems like his rapid success would work against him. His biggest wins were all in such a short period of time that it feels like a flash in the pan, not a legacy. So, were this to happen, I think the next champ takes over the conversations fairly quickly.

But I also can't see Jones losing. Which is nuts because I had Goose winning that fight, but there's something about Jones that feel invincible even at his worst.

Thread Information