Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jones Fighting Glover Next...Likely on Super Bowl weekend Feb. 1st in NJ

Hybrid View

Default Jones Fighting Glover Next...Likely on Super Bowl weekend Feb. 1st in NJ

Jon Jones has went on record to say that he wants to fight Glover next, so Dana is going to oblige. Fight will likely be on Feb. 1st in Newark, NJ. Jones says fight after Glover with be with Gus.

Source:
    http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/97...lover-teixeira

That's fine, give Jones Glover and have Goose fight Lil Nog in the mean time. If Goose wins I don't mind the rematch happening then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I wouldnt want another war with Goose either if I was Jones.

Didnt Jones say a couple weeks back, Glover was not ready yet?

good idea... have nog and gus fight around same timeframe then give him a rematch early next summer

Wish I could crawl into a cave like a bear and wakeup right before the fight. This will be a fun fight. Can't wait.

Good call by Jones/Dana. I hate automatic rematches, especially when the Champion retained his belt. They ought to throw a Goose vs Phil Davis rematch on that card with Jones v Glover. Would make for a good card plus insurance in case anyone gets injured.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Good call by Jones/Dana. I hate automatic rematches, especially when the Champion retained his belt. They ought to throw a Goose vs Phil Davis rematch on that card with Jones v Glover. Would make for a good card plus insurance in case anyone gets injured.
    I like that. Make goose vs. Davis for the number one title shot.

Quote Originally Posted by x4jude4x View Post
    Jon Jones has went on record to say that he wants to fight Glover next, so Dana is going to oblige. Fight will likely be on Feb. 1st in Newark, NJ. Jones says fight after Glover with be with Gus.

Source:
    http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/97...lover-teixeira
    What's up with champs picking their own opponents???
    et noli esse incredulus sed fidelis
    “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” –Albert Einstein

Would goose fight Phil davis? It seems like they have a pretty tight knit training operation going between them. I'd love to see goose against lil nog, though.. or Mousassi if he is still fighting at lhw.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Would goose fight Phil davis? It seems like they have a pretty tight knit training operation going between them. I'd love to see goose against lil nog, though.. or Mousassi if he is still fighting at lhw.

they both said (Davis & Goose ) that they both have the same goal of the belt and know that means they will have to fight again at some point.

Thread Information