+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Jones Fighting Glover Next...Likely on Super Bowl weekend Feb. 1st in NJ

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    BELLINGHAM. WASHINGTON
    Posts
    5,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Would goose fight Phil davis? It seems like they have a pretty tight knit training operation going between them. I'd love to see goose against lil nog, though.. or Mousassi if he is still fighting at lhw.

    they both said (Davis & Goose ) that they both have the same goal of the belt and know that means they will have to fight again at some point.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Would goose fight Phil davis? It seems like they have a pretty tight knit training operation going between them. I'd love to see goose against lil nog, though.. or Mousassi if he is still fighting at lhw.
    I think the only way they'd fight is if one of them has the belt.

    Davis has really helped Gus with his tdd, still can't believe how many tds he stuffed with ease.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    BELLINGHAM. WASHINGTON
    Posts
    5,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    I think the only way they'd fight is if one of them has the belt.

    Davis has really helped Gus with his tdd, still can't believe how many tds he stuffed with ease.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...6_SU_VII#t=473

    they say even just for a shot at the title they fight

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...6_SU_VII#t=473

    they say even just for a shot at the title they fight

    Thanks. The rematch would be very interesting since they know each other so much better now. I think Gus would win seeing as he looks to be the one benefiting more from their training together.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    I think the only way they'd fight is if one of them has the belt.

    Davis has really helped Gus with his tdd, still can't believe how many tds he stuffed with ease.
    I'm quite sure that there was some reciprocity in the equation. I am curious to see how much Davis' striking offense/defense is.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    I'm quite sure that there was some reciprocity in the equation. I am curious to see how much Davis' striking offense/defense is.

    Davis has shown some improvement on his striking but its not quite there yet. Gus on the other hand was stuffing Jones tds like nothing and even took Jones down which nobody I'm sure thought possible (me included). Then again Jones wrestling may not be as great as we all thought and just ineffective against ppl his size but who knows.

    The Glover fight is a joke at this moment imo. A Kongo vs Barry esque win shouldn't net u a shot.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,352

    Default

    Jones obviously wants no part of Gustafsson anytime soon.
    Glover will be much shorter and will have a huge reach disadvantage, so for Jones that fight is way easier in paper.

    Hopefully Mousasi returns soon, IMO he will be a contender for the title.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Memphis Area
    Posts
    1,363

    Default

    I can't help but wonder if Jones can get cleared to fight Glover on Super Bowl weekend?




    BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

  9. Default

    Glover KOs Jones

    calling it now...
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

    "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •