Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MMA Fighter Dies Moments Before Shooto’s Weigh-Ins in Brazil

Right now, somewhere, there is a film student who is kind of into MMA and he doesn't know what he wants to do with himself. He should go and start a documentary on weight cutting. Talk to fighters about their experiences and get stories of the best and the worst of them. If it's done right, it could be incredible. If he wanted to go buck, he should go into the HS and college wrestling scene, and meet with doctors about the impact it can have on developing physiology.

it's a cancer, and the worst kind of cancer is the one that isn't just ignored, it's embraced by the community.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Meanwhile, you have complete imbeciles on this board insinuating kris cyborg is somehow scared or up to no good because she was instructed not to drop down for rousey.

Fucking ridiculous.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

What if weight classes were ranges instead of hard numbers to hit? Same day weigh ins could help, but what if it's ok to be 5 pounds over? or how about doctors determine the lowest healthiest weight a person can fight at and the promotion doesn't allow that fighter to fight below that weight? I wonder if people would still give Cyborg Santos shit for not trying to make 135? I can't say I ever blamed her, and after this I can't see how anyone else can either.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information