Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC releases Yushin Okami

i wish i could say he is going to be missed by the mainstream ufc fans but he will only be Forgotten.

wow, this is shocking. the man was coming off two good wins over alan belcher and hector lombard before getting ktfo by jacare. hell okami is still ranked #6 on ufc's own rankings. how the hell do you cut a top ten fighter who's only coming off one loss?

my guess is his last fight w/ jacare was the last fight on his contract and ufc just opted not to resign him as i just can't fathom them releasing yushin and letting a guy like john albert (no offense to albert) stick around until he lost four in a row.

my guess is we see thunder in one fc before too long.

Default Yushin Okami Released From the UFC

Yushin Okami Released From the UFC

Middleweight contender Yushin Okami, a staple of Zuffa's top-10 rankings for years, received his release from the UFC on Friday.

Promotion officials confirmed the news to MMAFighting.com.

Okami (29-8), the UFC's No. 6 ranked middleweight at the time of his release, departs on the heels of a brutal first-round TKO loss to former Strikeforce champion Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza in early September. The loss snapped a three-fight win streak, which included momentum killing victories over Alan Belcher and Hector Lombard.

Dubbed "the best fighter to ever come out of Japan" by UFC President Dana White, Okami competed inside the Octagon for seven years, compiling a 13-5 record within the Zuffa fold.

After winning 10 of his first 12 UFC contests, Okami's career peaked in 2011 with a opportunity to challenge then UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. Headlining the UFC's first event held in Brazil since 1998, Okami lost to Silva via second-round TKO.

Still just 32 years old, Okami exits the UFC having only stumbled against Silva, Souza, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin and Tim Boetsch. He holds notable victories over Mark Munoz, Nate Marquardt, Mike Swick, Evan Tanner, Belcher (x2) and Lombard.

UPDATE:

Had to make room for the absolute animals like CB Dolloway and Uriah Hall......
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Not sure if serious.

After Uriahs last fight, the only animal I could associate him with is a teddy bear after that high five performance.

He needs his killer instinct back

I was being humorous.

There are at least 15 MW's who are horribly out of their league yet Okami gets let go to "make room."
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

7. 09-27-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Maybe they can't risk the damage to Bisping's career if he fought him?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Looks like I am on the next plane to Vegas.

Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

10. Default

See Fitch, Jon.

Okami will be KO'd in his next fight.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Decision Winning fighters are on their way out.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information