Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Bisping injured, Machida now faces Munoz.

Default Michael Bisping injured, Machida now faces Munoz.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...ces-mark-munoz

UFC Fight Night 30 has a new look to its headlining bout, as Michael Bisping (24-5 MMA, 14-5 UFC) has been forced to withdraw from a planned matchup with Mark Munoz (13-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC).

An eye injury forced Bisping's removal from the card, and Lyoto Machida (19-4 MMA, 11-4 UFC) has stepped in to take his place in the main event of UFC Fight Night 30, which takes place on Oct. 26 at Phones 4u Arena (previously known as Manchester Arena) in Manchester, England. The evening's main card airs in the U.S. on FOX Sports 2 following prelims on Facebook.

Machida-Munoz should be interesting. Munoz isn't shy about coming forward, but obviously that would be playing right into Machida's hands, assuming he doesn't mix in the takedowns well.

I know it wasn't a popular match up, but I was starting to anticipate Dragon vs Tim Kennedy. But it makes sense that they would pull Machida. Without Bisping, the Brit, UFC needs a big name to headline in the UK.
    Last edited by trustkill; 09-27-2013 at 12:59 PM.

So I'm guessing this is Machida's official move to 185? Also, don't they train together?

I don't know why but I don't like machida at mw. Granted he will be a force there but he's still one of the best 205ers too.

I'd say that's the WORST possible replacement for Munoz's career development. His striking is still pretty raw and Machida has great TDD.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Bisping strained an eye winking at himself in the mirror?

Horrible matchup for Munoz. Balls to him for accepting it.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

7. Default

------------------

8. Default

So Machida will be at 185? Interesting to see how his cut goes.

But other than a horrific cut and him gassing, he should destroy Munoz.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Also, don't they train together?
    Yup. Machida and Munoz training together. Posted 2 days ago.

I wonder if Munoz is having flashbacks of his fight with Hamill. Because that's exactly how this fight is going to end.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagmadov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information