Thread: UFC releases Mike Ricci

Default UFC releases Mike Ricci

Former "The Ultimate Fighter" finalist Mike Ricci is officially a free agent.

The UFC decided to release the 155-pound Montreal-native after his split-decision loss to Myles Jury last weekend in Toronto, Yahoo Sports confirmed with the promotion. The UFC 165 loss dropped Ricci's record inside the Octagon to 1-2.

Ricci (8-4), 27, made it to the finals of the sixteenth season of TUF before losing to Colton Smith via unanimous decision in December. He picked up his first UFC win in March when he defeated Colin Fletcher by unanimous decision at UFC 158 in his hometown of Montreal.

On TUF 16, Ricci, who trains out of the Tristar Gym, won $25,000 for his "knockout of the season" of Neil Magny in the show's semi-finals.
    source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/28...ses-mike-ricci

never was a fan of him, but he'll be back after he strings up few wins.

Meh, i was expecting more from him after seeing him on the show. Not a bad call.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Not a loss by any stretch but I'm kind of surprised to see they let him go so soon. Seemed like a good fit for the undercard on the Canadian cards. Oh, well. I'm sure he'll be back after a win or two.

He's very hesitant in fights. That leads to less action than the UFC probably wants and I think will keep him from competing in the upper echelon of the division. I don't see him coming back any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

He looked really good on the show but afterwards he was FLAT.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagmadov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    He looked really good on the show but afterwards he was FLAT.
    He looked good on the show, but I think that was probably the least talented group to come out of a season of TUF and he just happened to be better then a bunch of not so great fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    He looked good on the show, but I think that was probably the least talented group to come out of a season of TUF and he just happened to be better then a bunch of not so great fighters.
    I totally agree. That was one of the worst TUF's ever. That's why I was glad that TUF UK vs Australia was happening at the same time. Because that TUF was really good & it definitely made up for the lackluster TUF in the U.S.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagmadov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information