Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva almost come to blows at Olympia expo in Las Vegas

1. Default Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva almost come to blows at Olympia expo in Las Vegas

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/28/47...t-olympia-expo

Today (Sept. 28, 2013) at the Olympia Expo in Las Vegas, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) superstars Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen almost came to blows. Or at least that's according to the two tweets sent out by Larry Pepe of Fox Sports Radio.

The Olympia Expo is one of the biggest events for the fitness and body building community. There are competitions as well as a huge floor show for brands to showcase their latest products in nutrition and apparel.

Larry Pepe @LarryPepe

Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen almost came blows at Olympia expo. Screaming at each other, @wandfc pointing then restrained and led away

5:21 PM - 28 Sep 2013

85 Retweets 10 favorites
    Larry Pepe @LarryPepe

Wand sought Sonnen out and was the aggressor in the confrontation.

5:22 PM - 28 Sep 2013

25 Retweets
    Sonnen and Silva have had a bit of a rivalry over the past couple of years. Silva took exception to Sonnen's comments about Brazil during the lead up to his bout with Anderson Silva. In fact, there was a small confrontation when they shared a van on the way to an event.

Sonnen has since stated openly that he wants to face Silva and that it's the Brazilian that has avoided signing on the dotted line. And Silva has responded in kind by releasing a very weird video that made it clear he wants the 'full 30 minutes' with Sonnen.

Today's blow up at the Olympia should help move things along in the right direction if the UFC can take advantage of the situation. Sonnen is currently locked up in a bout with Rashad Evans, but it's always good to plan ahead, especially with a money fight such as a bout with Silva.

On the other hand, this is kind of embarrassing for the Vegas-based promotion. It's one thing for fighters to jaw at each other during an official UFC event. That's a controlled environment. It's another when a UFC fighter approaches another during a non-fight related promotional appearance. When there area already people thinking this sport is filled with goons, this is a pretty bad look.

However, one thing is certain at this point. These two will fight. And when they do, there will be blood.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

2. Default

Sonnen knows it would be a great money fight, but I'd have to say Wandy probely wasn't acting.lol.

Present day Chael convincingly thumps present day Wanderlei, I'm thinking.

Didn't Wand say he would only fight Chael if he got a ppv cut? That's pretty weak if he won't fight Chael without his stipulation but then tries to start an altercation outside of the octagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Larry View Post
    Didn't Wand say he would only fight Chael if he got a ppv cut? That's pretty weak if he won't fight Chael without his stipulation but then tries to start an altercation outside of the octagon.
    This. Completely on point.

I don't understand what Wandy is doing and I don't like it.

Crazy as it was,I bet this stunt actually increases Wandy's chances of those Ppv points.

Check out Wandy playing the game. This fight will eventually happen.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

This.
    Is.
    A.
    Complete.
    Work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Larry View Post
    I think the ufc didn't make the fight because Wandy got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    I think the ufc didn't make the fight because Wandy got injured.
    Was injured*

Thread Information