Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva almost come to blows at Olympia expo in Las Vegas

What a sincere badass! He would fight anyone at any time if his honor* is** insulted***!

*-weirdly timed monetary demands
    **-are
    ***-met

Wandy is either playing the hype game, acting tough when he knows nothing will happen, or just isn't that bright with an extreme anger problem, take your pick.
    USA! USA! USA!

However, one thing is certain at this point. These two will fight. And when they do, there will be blood.
    actually the fight was proposed and scraped because wandy wanted a ppv(i know this has been stated in the thread multiple times) what an idiot this reporter is.

This is really lame.
    It is simply another attempt for hyping a potential fight between them. If indeed there was so much hate between them, they would have signed the contract a long time ago and they would even fight for free.

But it is not the case. No matter how much Wand pretends that he wants to fight Sonnen so badly, the reality is that he does not want this fight at all.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I can't say I blame Wandi. His star power isn't getting much brighter, he's getting older and slower. This is probably one of the last big fights he has left. He SHOULD absolutely make fans salivate and demand it, that way he can get his points and make a killing in what could be his final big payday or maybe even his last fight. These guys don't have a 401K plan, retiring at age 40 something with a family to support takes a lot out of your bank account over the duration of the rest of your life. Wandi has more than earned a Big payday fight with the wars he'd been in. I think if he wins this fight against Chael they could make a Vitor Befort or Souza fight fight in Brazil for another big payday. Wandi brings the war in every fight, he should try to get paid for that kind of warrior spirit.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I am cool with this. Like many have said wandy is getting older and deserves a few more pay days for all that he has done/accomplished in the sport.

Wand to Chael: I saw fear in your eyes, heard it in your little girl voice
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...le-girl-voice/

Now Wand has released a video commentating on the altercation.

"You messed with the wrong guy," said Wanderlei Silva, twice. "Now your time will come. I will get you. The moment I get inside that Octagon with you, you will see what I am going to do to you."

"You are fearful. You are afraid of me. And I will beat you up. I wanted to beat you up today. But I'm a professional and I don't fight on the street.

"Real men talk face to face. With me the talk is straight up. I will punch you face, it will happen soon. I didn't smash you today because I'm a professional, and professionals keep it out of the streets.

"Everything you said about me will have a payback. I will give this as a gift for my people. The beating I will give you will be a gift to the people. I will beat you in front of everyone who you've said bad things about.

"You will see what will happen, you coward. I saw the fear in your eyes today. I heard the fear in your voice when you started talking with that thin voice like a girl. You were shaking in fear. You loser.

"I didn't punch your face today only because I didn't want to. But when we step into the Octagon… I will not pity you. I will beat you up. I will hurt you, you fearful loser.

"You are full of fear. And today I saw the fear in your eyes.

"Your days are numbered."

7. Default

Wandy is coming off SO pathetic it's sad.

I mean, I think he's trying the whole hype the fight thing, but it's not translating well here and reeks of desperation.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

cameras there following him.......gotta be a work to hype up the fight....

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Wand to Chael: I saw fear in your eyes, heard it in your little girl voice
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...le-girl-voice/

DAMN IT. I was hoping nobody had posted this yet. I loved this video, every second of it. If the UFC doesn't make this fight, regardless of current scheduling, they are absolutely missing a golden opportunity. I don't care if the fight makes sense, I just want it to happen. Chael's victory promo will go down in history.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    This. Completely on point.

I don't understand what Wandy is doing and I don't like it.
    Wandy wants more money. What is done in the fight industry to make more money? Initiate confrontation in order to spur public interest.

Considering this is going to be on the 20th anniversary card, I don't mind it. Even though I understand the mechanics, it will make me anticipate the fight even more.

Of course, Wand could also be trying to get a psychological advantage by embracing all of the comments that Chael has made thus far.

Thread Information