Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva almost come to blows at Olympia expo in Las Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Then what is he doing confronting Sonnen and saying all this other bullshit like he wants to make him bleed, and wants the full 30 minutes and so on and so forth. If you are 'injured' you have no business confronting or talking shit about anyone.
    Silva talking shit about Sonnen while injured is no different than Sonnen talking shit about Silva, when Sonnen was booked for a fight already.

So no injured fighter should be allowed to try to set up their next fight or try to secure a fight with an opponent they want to compete against?

If that is the case, I guess Jones should shut his mouth about wanting to fight Glover next... Considering he is on a 60 day medical suspension and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Meltzer's saying there's a chance that the TUF:Brazil coaches may very well be Wand/Sonnen.
    I couldnt see any of the Brazil guys wanting or even be willing to be coached under Sonnen.

White: Chael coach TUF Brazil? He might not make it out
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...t-make-it-out/

However, UFC president Dana White thought that idea wouldn't fly, as Sonnen wouldn't make it back.

"People keep asking me if they're going to be the coaches (for TUF Brazil 3)," said White in Brazil on a UFC World Tour stop in Rio de Janeiro on Monday. "I can't have a Brazilian within 10 feet of Chael Sonnen in America Imagine bringing Chael Sonnen here for six weeks. I don't think he'd make it."

"I mean there's situations in the United States where that we had an event where a Brazilian fan started swinging at Chael Sonnen trying to hit him. Then we did the Fan Expo, and a Brazilian tried to swing at him at that. Wanderlei's name is 'The Axe Murderer' and he is a very proud Brazilian and he doesn't like Chael Sonnen and the thing doesn't surprise me one bit."

"I don't have to tell you guys, I stood here what was it a year and a half ago with Anderson sitting here, and Chael sitting here saying horrible things about this country and about the people and about him. Brazilians do not like Chael Sonnen."

Dana is right for once. The Brazilians are super classy from what I've seen.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

UFC's Chael Sonnen tells Wanderlei Silva 'accosting a gangster can be hazardous'
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...n-be-hazardous
    "I'm all for Wanderlei having a little fun," Sonnen said. "Good for him. Let him have his fun. But Wanderlei, thee things: First off, if you're going to do a publicity stunt, do not bring your own camera. It looks staged, which it was. It insults your audience. Assume that they're going to connect the dots. Show up where a camera is, and then go into your routine."

Sonnen, who of course has made a living in recent times as MMA's unquestioned king of trash talk, didn't stop there. The self-proclaimed "Gangster from West Linn, Oregon" honed in on Silva's recent reluctance to accept a fight with Sonnen, with the Brazilian reportedly holding out for a cut of pay-per-view revenue, as reason why the MMA legend has no business issuing challenges.

"Secondly, in this country and within this industry, if you refuse to fight a guy like you did me, you forfeit your right to talk about that person in this type of fashion," Sonnen said. "Accosting someone in public can be regrettable. Accosting a gangster can be hazardous."

Sonnen (29-13-1 MMA, 7-6 UFC) is currently slated to fight Rashad Evans (18-3-1 MMA, 13-3-1 UFC) at November's UFC 167 event. Silva (35-12-1 MMA, 5-7 UFC) is currently on the mend but should be ready to fight in early 2014. While time will whether the pair will ultimately fight, Sonnen said he'd be happy to meet Silva in a different fashion on the wet of "UFC Tonight."

"Third and finally, Wanderlei, if you would like to come on this very set and conduct a conventional and traditional style interview, we here at 'UFC Tonight' will pay your way," Sonnen.

Normally I'd say this is just a work, but we know how impulsive Wandy can be. Sonnen is in complete control of his character, Wandy isn't.

Though this does increase the odds of seeing this fight...
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Quote Originally Posted by Repenter View Post
    Normally I'd say this is just a work, but we know how impulsive Wandy can be. Sonnen is in complete control of his character, Wandy isn't.

Though this does increase the odds of seeing this fight...
    Obviously this is all a work. Wand does not want the fight at all, he is just trying way too hard to pretend that he actually wants it so much, so he brings his own cameraman and begins a stupid confrontation knowing very well that nothing will happen because everybody is going to separate him and Sonnen.

Wandy is making an attempt to sell the fight, so in case that the fight is made, at least he will get tons of money, because quite honestly, Wandy most likely is going to lose the fight.

Look at the videos he has made for Sonnen, it looks all acted, so unnatural. You see a video like that and it is impossible to say "Man I would hate to fight this guy, he is really pissed", you look at that and you think "Man just stop! it looks pathetic and almost laughable"
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Chael Sonnen: 'Wanderlei Silva is a distraction, no doubt about it'
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/4...doubt-about-it
    "He's a distraction," Sonnen told MMAFighting.com. "He's a distraction, no doubt about it."

In Evans, a former UFC light heavyweight champion, Sonnen faces potentially the sternest non-title test of his career. That, along with a fulltime analyst gig at FOX Sports 1, means his schedule is busy enough as it is.

But now, on top of everything else, Sonnen will be forced to answer a slew of questions about Silva over the next few months, and he's not happy about it.

"Absolutely (it pisses me off)," Sonnen said. "Wouldn't deny it. It's bizarre.

"It comes back to, on one hand this is pretty weird, man. On the other hand, well done. Well done. You wanted attention. It worked. You're staying in the headlines by staying out of the Octagon. It's very hard to stay in the news when you don't have a fight, and here he is doing it."

While Sonnen insists he wasn't in on the gag, he admits to being extremely surprised that Silva posted the entire encounter on YouTube, particularly considering Sonnen's own less-than-timid reaction to Silva's scare tactics.

"My wife is calling me and my mom is calling me. They're asking me about this because it'd made the internet. I just said, ‘Listen, there's actually a video of this, but you're never going to see it. Whatever reaction Wanderlei Silva and the Backstreet Boys thought they were going to get, they didn't get it,'" Sonnen explained.

"'Once he sees it, he's never going to put it out.' And about two hours later, he put it out. I was just scratching my head. What exactly just happened here?"

Sonnen issued a response to Silva on the subsequent edition of UFC Tonight, because let's face it, of course he did; he's Chael Sonnen.

He also acknowledges that this whole situation may just be a ploy by Silva, a way to drum up major interest and ultimately ink a lucrative pay-per-view deal when the fight inevitably gets booked.

Nonetheless, Sonnen can't help but laugh at Silva's dogged pursuit of a feud, even after the opportunity to actually schedule the fight came and went.

"It's silly. In this sport, you cannot refuse to fight a guy and then come out and talk about that guy," Sonnen explained. "It's like, ‘Listen, Wanderlei. I've said a lot of things about a lot of people, but I'll make that walk every goddamn time.' I will never pull out of a fight. I will never call in sick, and I will never say no. That gives me the right to say the things that I say.

"I get it, he needs media. The UFC can't give it to him because he's not relevant. That's not an insult, that's just the reality. He's just not relevant. He doesn't have a fight coming up.

"But it's bizarre, and it's also very transparent."

8. Default

TTH

There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

"It's silly. In this sport, you cannot refuse to fight a guy and then come out and talk about that guy," Sonnen explained. "It's like, ‘Listen, Wanderlei. I've said a lot of things about a lot of people, but I'll make that walk every goddamn time.' I will never pull out of a fight. I will never call in sick, and I will never say no. That gives me the right to say the things that I say.
    hate him or love him this right here is 100% the truth when it comes to Chael Sonnen

Tap the fucking brakes before you go over the edge here.

Why would Wanderlei just take any old deal to fight at this point in his career? He doesn't have many left in him.

This is a 37 year-old Wanderlei Silva you're talking about. A guy who has mad his living off of beating people and retaining championships along with fighting anyone with the balls to step up.

This isn't a guy who has made his living off of talking shit to guys who he knows will beat his ass not to mention the closest he's come to sniffing gold was when Anderson had his nuts in his face choking him out.

If anyone on this Earth can say what they want then hold out for their pay, it's Wanderlei Silva. He's a living/fighting legend in the sport and will retire as one.

I could care less whether or not Wanderlei wins this fight. He will undoubtedly go down in history as an all-time great and no sideshow bullshit can take that away.

On the comment about the camera.....Chael and some folks here act like EVERY person alive doesn't carry an Iphone or equivalent at all times. If you heard Wanderlei was on his way to Chael's media area would you start recording; knowing Wandy's propensity for violence at the drop of a dime? Get a grip. The melee in Pride with Coleman was probably staged too.....
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information