Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva almost come to blows at Olympia expo in Las Vegas

1. Default

Wandy a legend for beating up pro wrestlers in Japan. Yay!

SimpleJack, so challenging people who you are an underdog against makes you a joke? The closest Sonnen has gotten to gold is when he beat the former LHW champion, and Wanderlei's pal, Shogun. I have made points on how he can either be a business man or a madman bent on revenge against Sonnen. He can't be both, and be completely genuine. It just doesn't work. There is nothing wrong with showmanship, but you can't justify it, and continue to hate Sonnen for the EXACT SAME THING!
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Tap the fucking brakes before you go over the edge here.

Why would Wanderlei just take any old deal to fight at this point in his career? He doesn't have many left in him.

This is a 37 year-old Wanderlei Silva you're talking about. A guy who has mad his living off of beating people and retaining championships along with fighting anyone with the balls to step up.

This isn't a guy who has made his living off of talking shit to guys who he knows will beat his ass not to mention the closest he's come to sniffing gold was when Anderson had his nuts in his face choking him out.

If anyone on this Earth can say what they want then hold out for their pay, it's Wanderlei Silva. He's a living/fighting legend in the sport and will retire as one.

I could care less whether or not Wanderlei wins this fight. He will undoubtedly go down in history as an all-time great and no sideshow bullshit can take that away.

On the comment about the camera.....Chael and some folks here act like EVERY person alive doesn't carry an Iphone or equivalent at all times. If you heard Wanderlei was on his way to Chael's media area would you start recording; knowing Wandy's propensity for violence at the drop of a dime? Get a grip. The melee in Pride with Coleman was probably staged too.....
    Agree 100%

Especially with the way Wandy fights, he gives it 100% in every fight and doesn't quit until he's completely knocked out. That kind of effort really needs to be appreciated, and is the deal sealer for me.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Wandy a legend for beating up pro wrestlers in Japan. Yay!
    Or just beating the guys Chuck couldn't get through to get his shot.....or Dan Henderson or fighting a prime CC twice or going toe to toe with a 290 lb Mark Hunt etc etc etc

But you're right, he's just another overrated fighter from Pride and should bow to the great and all-knowing S=E (Meanwhile the actual fighting world, not keyboard warriors, reveres him as a legend).

SimpleJack, so challenging people who you are an underdog against makes you a joke? The closest Sonnen has gotten to gold is when he beat the former LHW champion, and Wanderlei's pal, Shogun. I have made points on how he can either be a business man or a madman bent on revenge against Sonnen. He can't be both, and be completely genuine. It just doesn't work. There is nothing wrong with showmanship, but you can't justify it, and continue to hate Sonnen for the EXACT SAME THING!
    I love ya and all but I have no idea what you're trying to say here.....

Chael's closest shot at gold was when he was winning and fell into another submission. Beating Shogun had zero title implications. Beating Filho wasn't even a title fight.

I have made points on how he can either be a business man or a madman bent on revenge against Sonnen. He can't be both, and be completely genuine.
    He can't be hell bent on revenge but still make sure he gets paid for his services????? Is this a rule you've made up?? Isn't that exactly what generally happens in "grudge" matches? Do you forfeit your check when you fight someone you dislike?

I can tell you without a doubt that Don Frye and Ken Shamrock despised each other but made absolutely sure they got their cut in Pride before they fought.

There is nothing wrong with showmanship, but you can't justify it, and continue to hate Sonnen for the EXACT SAME THING!
    LOL....when did I say I hated Sonnen?

I dislike his unoriginal, recycled schtick. Furthermore, his issue is the showmanship completely STOPS when he is actually put into the contest. His style is very workman-esque and carries zero showmanship and flash.

Wanderlei, on the other hand is 100% tooth and nails. He tells you what he will try to do before the fight and then goes into it head first and wins or loses based on exactly that.

It is NOT exactly the same.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack
    I love ya and all but I have no idea what you're trying to say here.....

Chael's closest shot at gold was when he was winning and fell into another submission. Beating Shogun had zero title implications. Beating Filho wasn't even a title fight.
    You are forgetting the rematch where Filho weighed in heavy and the belt was no longer on the line.

If you're not with me, you're against me. See what I did? I made you a fuckin terrorist, dawg.

Did you read what I wrote.....I was talking about the rematch he won.

Beating Filho wasn't even a title fight.
    So, consider yourself martyred dawg. lol

Tap the fucking brakes before you go over the edge here.

Why would Wanderlei just take any old deal to fight at this point in his career? He doesn't have many left in him.

This is a 37 year-old Wanderlei Silva you're talking about. A guy who has mad his living off of beating people and retaining championships along with fighting anyone with the balls to step up.

This isn't a guy who has made his living off of talking shit to guys who he knows will beat his ass not to mention the closest he's come to sniffing gold was when Anderson had his nuts in his face choking him out.

If anyone on this Earth can say what they want then hold out for their pay, it's Wanderlei Silva. He's a living/fighting legend in the sport and will retire as one.

I could care less whether or not Wanderlei wins this fight. He will undoubtedly go down in history as an all-time great and no sideshow bullshit can take that away.

On the comment about the camera.....Chael and some folks here act like EVERY person alive doesn't carry an Iphone or equivalent at all times. If you heard Wanderlei was on his way to Chael's media area would you start recording; knowing Wandy's propensity for violence at the drop of a dime? Get a grip. The melee in Pride with Coleman was probably staged too.....

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.

LOLOLOL I said drop of a dime instead of drop of a hat.

God, I shouldn't post early in the morning.

Did you read what I wrote.....I was talking about the rematch he won.

So, consider yourself martyred dawg. lol
    Filho gave Chael his belt afterward!

Don't you patronize me, you damn terrorist!

Thread Information