Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Stone Cold says about MMA

Yeah. Its really funny 'cos our family have heard the stories also but he's the nicest gentlest guy you'll meet.
    Very quiet but its always evident the respect he demands when we run into those people who know him in real life.
    His son plays in the NFL and his father was also a notorious hardman in Tonga.

Theres also about 12 of us 1st cousins so im not that special

Yes Ming is Haku whos real name is actually Tonga.

('Sorry for the thread hijack, just happy to blab about family')

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    Yeah. Its really funny 'cos our family have heard the stories also but he's the nicest gentlest guy you'll meet.
    Very quiet but its always evident the respect he demands when we run into those people who know him in real life.
    His son plays in the NFL and his father was also a notorious hardman in Tonga.

Theres also about 12 of us 1st cousins so im not that special

Yes Ming is Haku whos real name is actually Tonga.

('Sorry for the thread hijack, just happy to blab about family')
    Brother, any time you have a cool story about Meng just go ahead and throw it out there. No one will be mad, I promise.

That dude legit scared me when I was a kid haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Well he speaks better english than me and grew up with the shit.

From what my older sister told me, who met him while King Haku/Meng wrestled in Mexico City, he is the nicest person, very thoughtful, one of those occasions she was having the blues or something, he took the time to actually ask what was wrong and tried to make her smile...
    From Chris Jericho, Mick Foley and Bret Hart, Meng is one of the toughest SOBs in real life... got arrested in some airport watching the back of Jericho, broke the handcuffs and beat the crap out of 5 or 6 security guys... and stories like that, there are more... with him usually coming in to rescue either one of the boys or evening up the odds... the other guys never stood a chance...

Meng/Haku was absolutely awesome when I met him a few years back at a convention, I even have a picture of him giving me the "tongan death grip". Super nice, soft spoken and still looks thick as a tree even after all these years. He undoubtedly has the best reputation as a badass in pro wrestling outside of the Brock/Kurt/Hodge amateur shooters. I can't think of one wrestling shoot interview from the era that didn't involve a "Haku kicked the shit out of an entire bar" story, a couple of which involve eyes and noses being removed lol...

Pretty interesting points by him. I agree, when a fighter gets the mic, they have the opportunity to gain a lot more fans, promoted their future fights, and make a name for themselves. Of course winning fights is the number 1 priority, but winning in addition to marketing yourself is what really takes you places.

So to summarize:
    Austin thinks MMA is more exciting because it has the advantage of the unknown. Fair enough.
    MMA fighters don't fully use their opportunities to promote fights. Hard to get noticed with the consistent stream of bullshit DW is spewing out I guess.

On a side note I haven't been invested in pro-wrestling since the mid-late nineties (a common thing apparently) but I wish I'd been able to appreciate those times a lot more than I did. Now that I can actually appreciate the nuances of pro-wrestling once in a while we'll be checking sports scores on theScore and WWE will be on and I realize what good performers a couple of those guys are(most notably Ziggler and Punk) and I kind of wish the whole show was good enough to watch.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Thread Information