Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: White: UFC will never buy Bellator, it has no value whatsoever

He'd mostly just be buying back guys he's already cut from the roster. Couple good guys but mostly rejects.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Chances are most of the fighters the UFC would want from BFC will join the UFC when they have a chance anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    Bellator has went downhill in the last two years IMO... besides Chandler, Askren, and Alvarez no one else is really valueable
    Lima is incredibly exciting.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

What about Schlemenko? He may not be the best fighter but he is very exciting and he is on a 11 win streak. He is 26-2 in his last 28 bouts.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Invicta before Bellator.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I really enjoy Bellator but agree that it has little value right now. While there are talented guys, they aren't big draws yet and the bar is set very high with UFC being on Fox now. It seems like the reasons to buy another org would either be for the fighters, the footage, the media contracts, sponsor contracts, or existing revenue. And Bellator doesn't seem to have a compelling case for any of those.

Though I would love to see Curran, Askren, and Chandler fight in the UFC and Jimmy Smith as a commentator there!
    I agree with the fighters being there would be great. But I've never heard a WORSE announcer than Jimmy Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Lima is incredibly exciting.
    Lima would be a great addition to the UFC WW division. I dont think he beats Askren in a rematch, but should he lose to him again, then what? Another go at the tournament and fighting the same faces, only to lose to Askren again? Or become default WW champ due to Askren leaving for the UFC. I'd rather him come to UFC and get new set of challenges to the deep WW division.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    What about Schlemenko? He may not be the best fighter but he is very exciting and he is on a 11 win streak. He is 26-2 in his last 28 bouts.
    Yes, Schlemenko is a solid fighter but his 11 fight win streak is no more good than Lombard's winning streak before he came to UFC. Schlemenko was also beaten soundly by Lombard 4 rounds to 1 in their matchup. His biggest challenge of his career was Jacare, in which he was easily submitted. He would be good addition to UFC MW division, and it kinda sucks that the UFC let go of Okami, as a matchup between the 2 would be a good welcome fight for Schlemenko.

Quote Originally Posted by Trustym2 View Post
    I agree with the fighters being there would be great. But I've never heard a WORSE announcer than Jimmy Smith.
    Jimmy Smith is one of my favourite announcers. Hes extremely well informed, and i really like it when the colour commentator has some fight experience. Having gone through exactly what the fighters have gone through is very valuable. Also if you dont like Jimmy you must not be a Rogan fan either. They have very similar styles, very agressive and sometimes over the top, but also very knowledgeable. Rogan tends to throw in his personal opinion alot more then Jimmy, wich some ppl like, im not one of em, but overall very similar.

UFC boss says Bellator fighters 'screwed' when it comes to testing free agencyhttp://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/09/ufc-boss-s
    ays-bellator-fighters-screwed-when-it-comes-to-testing-free-agency
    "The way that they do their deals, their guys are screwed," White said at a Sunday media event in Brazil. "Those guys can't go out and test the fair market. They can't do anything."

Askren (12-0 MMA, 9-0 BMMA), of course, is a four-time Division I All-American wrestler who transitioned to MMA in 2009. After three first-round stoppages on the regional scene, Askren signed with Bellator and earned the company's welterweight belt just six months after his promotional debut. He's since defended the belt four times but became a free agent after his July win over Andrey Koreshkov.

Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney has thus far declined to offer a new deal to his welterweight champ but has encouraged Askren to seek an offer from the UFC, at which time Bellator officials could weigh their option to match the deal.

White has expressed some interest in at least exploring the possibility of bringing Askren to the UFC, but he's understandably a bit gun shy after an attempt to bring then-free agent Alvarez proved fruitless when the threat of extensive litigation led the lightweight to decide a return to Bellator was in his best interest.

For his part, Askren has thus far said he's fine with whatever happens next, even going so far as to tell MMAjunkie.com he'd be content if he never fights again.

White won't reveal just how far he plans on pushing for Askren, but that's not stopping him from commenting on his thoughts of Bellator's business methods.

"Anybody who would sign a contract with them is insane," White said.

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    The UFC would never buy PRIDE FC.
    The UFC will never close PRIDE FC.
    The UFC is not interested in AFFLICTION.
    The UFC and AFFLICTION will work together under ZUFFA.
    AFFLICTION will remain operational.
    I'm no analyst but I think a pattern there is here somewhere.
    Not to mention the whole, ufc will never have a womens division spiel.

Thread Information