Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: White: UFC will never buy Bellator, it has no value whatsoever

I just don't see the market forces/pressures being there for UFC to buy Bellator. Pride and Strikeforce brought a lot of big names along with the purchase and also eliminated major competitors. Getting Tito and Rampage back plus a few middle ranking guys wouldn't justify the cost it would take to purchase Bellator. They can't do much with their library and Bellator isn't cutting into their revenue like the other organizations do. Unless Bellator starts getting larger and controlling some big name, known fighters (who still have gas left in the tank), they aren't on the UFC's radar enough to be considered for a purchase.
    The Jets have won more Superbowls than you have.

Of course right now they are not going to buy them, first they will wait until they hire more fighters that will look like Top fighters, and then they will buy them.

Eventually they may do the same thing with Invicta and WSOF.

One FC they are not going to buy because it looks that One FC is made exclusively for countries like Singapur or Malaysia.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I think stuff like this is an attempt to get young promising fighters to avoid Bellator.
    USA! USA! USA!

The UFC's roster is already oversaturated at every division except the women's. If you're a fighter who wants some exposure then Bellator is a great option for you. Just make sure that when your contract is up and you want to leave you make sure you wait out Bellator's matching period.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

I think it's good to have another competitor to the UFC in some sort of fashion. UFC is already packed and fighters need a place to get paid. I just don't like the TNA involvement and involving fake into reality. The only fighter I'd want from them is Chandler.. The rest they can keep even askren.

LOL, sorry but you guys seem to buy into the hype machine that UFC fighters can clean out other organizations with their "better" talent. I tend to believe until it's proven in the cage, it doesn't mean a thing. You give some of the Bellator fighters a crack at UFC fighters and you'll see the best version of them and more than a few upsets IMO. The fight business isn't about having a "name", it's about being willing to fight for what you really want. The UFC has the most money and logically can pick the best fighters with the best records. But that doesn't mean they would destroy fighters in smaller orgs by default. Of course we'll never know one way or the other will we? That's the beauty of it, Dana is the ultimate promoter in a way, he can promote his org as being the best without ever having to really put the reputation on the line in the cage against another organization. He should write a book on marketing...
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Rebney refutes story that Fight Master has been renewed

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-been-renewed/

while i agree with pasha that dana usually says he isnt goign to do something when really he is but bellator really sucks now i used to really enjoy but now it is clearly the minor leagues the level of fighting is borderline amateur.

dimerules28 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    while i agree with pasha that dana usually says he isnt goign to do something when really he is but bellator really sucks now i used to really enjoy but now it is clearly the minor leagues the level of fighting is borderline amateur.
    What are you watching. Bellator's talent level has been very consistent over the past 4 years. They have a few very talented fighters who could without a doubt compete in the ufc, spread across every division. And they have alot of guys who are trying to take that next step. The only thing ill give you is the recent ufc signings. But even at that, most of em having even fought yet, from Kongo and Lavar, to Grove and Emerson. Not to mention Tito and Rampage havent had a single fight yet. There is still a lot of exciting fights. Idk if its from the whole Alvarez situation, or the current Askren situation, or jusy Dana in the past six months really ramping up his shitting on Bellator. But there is a shot ton of unwarranted hate going towards Bellator.

Lastly I think joeodd has a point. Remember how everyone called the Wec the minor leagues. We now have Pettis and Bendo at the top of the LW division, Cerrone is a top ten, Condit is a top 5 WW and Sonnen is doing his thing.. I would not be shocked at all if Chandler, Alvarez, Curran or even Askren did some severe damage in each of their divisions.

I prolly came off like a retard im writing this while walking but theres a point in there somewhere lol.

Chandler. Alvarez, Askren and maybe even Curran are the only ppl worth of note. Bellator is definitely not worth buying for just those guys.

Besides ufc just cut a top ranked guy in Okami. They're already overstaffed. They ain't buying shit no time soon.

Thread Information