Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Stone Cold says about MMA

Default What Stone Cold says about MMA

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ays-about-MMA/

in an interview Monday on The MMA Hour, Austin said that he now gets more of a charge watching mixed martial arts than the wrestling business he's loved since childhood.

"Just from the world that I come from, I left pro wrestling behind a couple of years ago when I started doing my own thing," said Austin. "From my world, I can read between the lines of these angles (on a pro wrestling television show), I can guess or tell a lot of what is about to happen. I get a little more charged up in a UFC fight. In some of those championship matches, my heart's already pounding sitting on the couch, when it's about to start. These days I'd rather tip my hat to a badass UFC main event, but with all due respect, pro wrestling is my first love."

"They're two different worlds. But there's something of a parallel. Pro wrestling is basically what MMA is, just at a worked level with theatrical elements."

Austin feels one overlooked theatrical element that is frequently lacking in MMA is interviews.

"A guy gets a chance on the horn and they crap the bed," said Austin. "That's an outstanding opportunity for you, a great way to reach out and let the crowd know who you are and what you are. Some guys talk stupid trash that doesn't make sense. Some of the guys who lose fights get a booboo face. Anytime Brian Stann fought, whether he lost or won, he commanded your respect when he was on the horn. I always liked to watch his promos. He's a smart cat."

"Cain Velasquez basically says what he's going to do, I don't need a wild promo out of him. I just want to hear that he's taking care of business. I'm looking forward to him and Junior Dos Santos No. 3 because those two are pure fighters."

"I tell you, I'm down at the ranch, me and my buddy, watching the fights the other night, and I was blown away by Alexander Gustafsson. We've seen him come along, but this was his shining moment. He's been a star in the making all this time, but against Jon Jones, a superstar was born."

Alot of the older wrestlers have a love for MMA, I know Undertaker is a big fan. Something about both sports attract the same kind of people,I find. I loved wrestling when I was younger and always was into some form of martial art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

What?

Yes, Undertaker is a huge MMA fan. He has attended some UFC and Affliction events, he used MMA gloves, and used some variation of the Gogoplata as one of his finishers.

Nowadays MMA is way more exciting than WWE.
    WWE was really cool years ago, but now it really sucks. Years ago you had great gimmicks, you had interesting stipulation matches, the storylines were entertaining, and the wrestlers were way more risky than now.
    The new generation is not exciting at all.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I would agree with Pasha K. I loved wrestling growing up and branched to MMA. Sprinkle martial arts and boxing along the way.

Also I would absolutely agree with Austin.

Wrestling lost it's appeal to me in 2000.

Good to see some wrastlers show some appreciation for the sport rather than plug their own.

That's the bottom line.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Cause stone cold said so
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

He is still the man.

I also loved wrAstling throughout the 80s&90s.

My cousin was a wrestler in those times, he has a few crazy stories about those guys.

....Hence my username
    Last edited by Tongan.Death.Grip; 09-30-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Thread Information