Thread: Anthony Pettis took Benson Henderson's title with a separated shoulder

Default Anthony Pettis took Benson Henderson's title with a separated shoulder

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/30...s-title-with-a

UFC's 155 pound king Anthony Pettis revealed today on Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour that he tapped out Ben Henderson at UFC164 while fighting with a separated shoulder. Here's what Pettis had to say:

"You know what, my knee was fine, but I actually separated my shoulder two weeks before the [Henderson] fight. So, going into the fight I had a separated right shoulder. My jitz coach [Daniel Wanderley] rolled a little too hard and he slammed me on my shoulder, and I separated my shoulder two weeks before the fight.

"The last two weeks before the camp all I could do was roll really light. I couldn't spar. For me it was just a mental thing. I've been through that before. It sucks that it happened two before the fight, but I wasn't backing out of that one.

"(I didn't consider pulling out of the fight) at all," he said. "I just told me coach I'm going to settle down the last two weeks. I mean, I had a super-long training camp. From February until August I was training and getting ready for title fights. So I was 100 percent ready, but things happen. Every fighter can tell you, you never go into a fight 100 percent healthy."

Anthony Pettis: Josh Thomson is getting knocked out in the first round of UFC on FOX 9 title fight
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/30/47...d-knockout-mma
    He broke it down during a recent appearance on "The MMA Hour:"

"He's 35-years-old, his last chance at a title shot and I know he's coming hard. There's no bad blood, he was calling me out before the Henderson fight, so I think he really wants the title fight bad and I'm not going to take it easy on him. I'm going to finish him just like I've been finishing everybody else. My goal is to knock you in the first round. I want to finish all of the guys in the first round. That's what I'm shooting for. I want to finish every fight. I don't want anybody going past five minutes with me."

Wow. Separated, and dislocated shoulders are the absolute worst.. Played hockey for years through the pain but MMA, winning the Title? damn, he's good..
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

I'm surprised nobody has made a post about Pettis' brother Sergio, being signed by the UFC.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicKnight3X View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has made a post about Pettis' brother Sergio, being signed by the UFC.
    check noob jack

My goal is to knock you in the first round. I want to finish all of the guys in the first round. That's what I'm shooting for. I want to finish every fight. I don't want anybody going past five minutes with me."
    Now that is the attitude of a great champ.

Thread Information