Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roy Nelson looking much thinner heading in to bout with Daniel Cormier

1. Default Roy Nelson looking much thinner heading in to bout with Daniel Cormier

http://www.cagepotato.com/photo-of-t...-just-country/

Yep, that’s TUF 10 winner, TUF 16 coach and UFC heavyweight Roy “Big Country” Nelson, looking trimmer than Tom Hanks at the end of Cast Away (which, with the Saddam Hussein circa 2003 beard and all, might be exactly the look he is going for).

Nelson’s weight has been a topic of much discussion over the years — usually in the aftermath of a particularly stinging loss — to the point that he once promised to cut to light heavyweight if enough people “liked” his Facebook page. Although his challenge was unsuccessful, it looks like Nelson is finally starting to take this weight-cutting thing seriously.

And it couldn’t come a day sooner. With Nelson set to face former Olympic wrestler and Strikeforce heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier at UFC 166, he’ll need to be in tip-top shape if he is to avoid dropping his second straight contest for the first time since 2011. It also appears as if Nelson has heeded the requests of Cormier’s camp and undergone a Dumb and Dumber-style makeover
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Looking at that picture, I don't have words...

EDIT: Holy cow! I'm just very very impressed.

You'll always be fat to me, Chris!
    Obscure movie quote of the day.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

one of the top 20 hw in the world cant get people to like his bookface page thats harsh

Umm....he asked for 100,000 likes to his status about dropping. That's a tall order when you consider many may not be following or friends with him, many May like him at hw, and many don't give a fuck.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

It's freakish. It looks like bad photoshop.

Maybe Roy plans on following DC into the LHW division too & they can have a rivalry there also.
    It's a Trilogy in the making. I can feel it.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Yeah, but that beard hasn't lost an ounce.

Wow isn't he about 5'10? If so he looks to be about 220lbs in that pic. It will be interesting to see if he can retain his power with losing all of that weight.

And a few whoppers later... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roy-nelson-and-faber.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	615
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Thread Information