Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dana White: Vitor Belfort is in a "weird situation" of his own creation

That being said, I don't see how a win over Henderson gives Vitor anything he already doesn't have. He's already made a case for a shot at MW, but one win at LHW isn't enough to get him another shot at 205. I guess maybe if you count anything above 186 at a LHW bout his catchweight wins would count.
    I think that Vitor just wants to stay active. He will not risk his position in the MW division by fighting someone like Jacare for example. He knows that he is basically the next No. 1 contender, so he will not risk that.
    However he does not want to be without a fight for many months, so he is going to fight at 205. If he loses, nothing happens. And if he wins, then there are going to be even more talks about how much he deserves a title shot at MW
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I think that Vitor just wants to stay active. He will not risk his position in the MW division by fighting someone like Jacare for example. He knows that he is basically the next No. 1 contender, so he will not risk that.
    However he does not want to be without a fight for many months, so he is going to fight at 205. If he loses, nothing happens. And if he wins, then there are going to be even more talks about how much he deserves a title shot at MW
    I don't agree that if he loses at 205, nothing happens. Sure it does. His stock goes down especially when it comes to title shots and people remember a loss regardless of the weight class.

Slightly off subject but...
    ...What happens to the MW rankings with Okami being released? ...Who now makes the top 10?
    You Sip Cris, I Drink Machida's Piss

If You Look Like Cecil Peoples, It's Probably Because You Made Some Wrong Decisions In Your Previous Life!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyretro View Post
    Slightly off subject but...
    ...What happens to the MW rankings with Okami being released? ...Who now makes the top 10?

http://www.ufc.ca/rankings/

As of currently, they only have the top 9 guys listed for MW.

Kennedy takes his spot.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

I never thought I'd see a day where Carmount outranks Okami, even if it is because Okami isn't listed anymore.

7. Default

I see it as UFC wanted to chance sky rocketing Tim if he would win, and if you don't do what DW wants your weird or f'n stupid.
    Vitor has had 2 major title losses he could stand a win to make himself more saleable.

But I bet Silva had a rib injury

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    I heard vitor was only at like 38% for that silva fight too, because he had an injured toe.

Thread Information