Thread: Jake Ellenberger: Martin Kampmann rematch 'a good possibility right now'

1. Default Jake Ellenberger: Martin Kampmann rematch 'a good possibility right now'

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/2/47...-right-now-mma

The UFC welterweight division is still in the process of sorting itself out as we head into UFC 165 and Ellenberger looks to separate himself from the pack, while avenging a prior loss and sending Kampmann to the back of the line.

Each is ranked favorably in the division top 10.

Hot-and-cold welterweights Jake Ellenberger and Martin Kampmann, who are both coming off disappointing performances their last time out, could hook 'em up for a second time later this year, possibly at the UFC 168 pay-per-view (PPV) event on Dec. 28, 2013 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

"The Juggernaut" believes a "Hitman" rematch is a "good possibility," according to MMA Fighting:

"Nothing's set yet, we're still negotiating options, but sounds like that I definitely will be fighting before the end of the year. Hopefully in Vegas on the Dec. 28 card. I'm just looking for someone one the top 10. (Kampmann) is a good possibility right now. That's something I'd definitely look forward to. UFC hasn't offered it to me yet so I just have to wait. I'm always highly motivated to fight. I'm excited be back in there against a top 10 opponent."
    Ellenberger doesn't need any extra motivation for that one.

That's because he was in cruise control of their Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 15 live finale main event, ripping up Kampmann's face with a series of powerful punches -- until the Dane slipped one through and put the Nebraskan on queer street, which he then followed up with punishing knees to seal the deal.

Jugs was "disappointed" with the stoppage and would undoubtedly like a do-over.

Fortunately for Ellenberger, Kampmann isn't in a position to pass up any fights. After putting together a three-fight winning streak against top-shelf competition, the 10-year veteran was finished in consecutive outings against Johny Hendricks and Carlos Condit, respectively.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I don't find being finished by Hendricks and Condit that bad really. Condit is a finisher and Kampman was looking good to start that fight. Anyway I like this re-match but I think Kampman needs a bit of time first.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    I don't find being finished by Hendricks and Condit that bad really. Condit is a finisher and Kampman was looking good to start that fight. Anyway I like this re-match but I think Kampman needs a bit of time first.
    Dangerous fight for the Hitman, id like to see him fight somebody not so heavy handed.

Thread Information