Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anthony Pettis: Ben Askren thinking about retiring

That clause should be illegal. It's ownership of a fighter, owning a human to a point as long as they want to match any offers. So regardless of whether a fighter wants to leave or not, once he has fulfilled his end of the contract, if they want him, his two choices are to stay against his will or retire. Bullshit.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    That clause should be illegal. It's ownership of a fighter, owning a human to a point as long as they want to match any offers. So regardless of whether a fighter wants to leave or not, once he has fulfilled his end of the contract, if they want him, his two choices are to stay against his will or retire. Bullshit.
    If a fighter doesn't have a lawyer tell him what he is signing.... it's his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    He's not top 10 in the UFC. Top 10 grappler? Sure, but he's not a complete fighter and will get exposed if he joins the UFC.
    Who is going to expose him? Can anyone outside of GSP stop his takedowns? I honestly think Askren beats everyone in the UFC besides GSP, Kos and Hendricks. They are the only guys that might be able to keep the fight standing. Condit, Kampmann, Ellenberger, MacDonald and just about every else gets taken down and smothered for 3 rounds.

I think you really underestimate just how good of a wrestler Askren is. Herbert who went to the Olympics this year and is a former Dan Hodge Trophy winner got spanked by Askren 14-2 when they wrestled. If he gets a hold of you, he is taking you down.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

4. Default

Jay may name isnt heroin beat the great Ben Askren and got screwed. The say Jay who can't even get one win in the UFC.

Askren is the most overrated, over bloated wannabes to ever grace this sport.

He'll be completely exposed by anyone who can fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Jay may name isnt heroin beat the great Ben Askren and got screwed. The say Jay who can't even get one win in the UFC.

Askren is the most overrated, over bloated wannabes to ever grace this sport.

He'll be completely exposed by anyone who can fight.
    So he base how good a fighter is off one fight? One fight that happened I don't know 2 years ago. Not like guys get better in 2 years or have off nights.

I think I am going to base all my assumptions about Sonnen on the Maia fight from now. Because one fight totally tells us how good a fighter really is.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Who is going to expose him? Can anyone outside of GSP stop his takedowns? I honestly think Askren beats everyone in the UFC besides GSP, Kos and Hendricks. They are the only guys that might be able to keep the fight standing. Condit, Kampmann, Ellenberger, MacDonald and just about every else gets taken down and smothered for 3 rounds.

I think you really underestimate just how good of a wrestler Askren is. Herbert who went to the Olympics this year and is a former Dan Hodge Trophy winner got spanked by Askren 14-2 when they wrestled. If he gets a hold of you, he is taking you down.
    Damien Maia says hello

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Damien Maia says hello
    I think that would be a grappler's wet dream and a very good fight. But unless Maia can submit Askren then Askren wins because he would be the one taking Maia down. We know nothing about Maia's takedown defense because so many guys are scared to take him down. But I think Askren would have no fear and plant Maia on his butt all three rounds. And we all know with MMA scoring, the guy on top is the guy who wins.
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    He's not top 10 in the UFC. Top 10 grappler? Sure, but he's not a complete fighter and will get exposed if he joins the UFC.
    no he would rule the ufc but he put most views to sleep

Thread Information