Thread: Sergio Pettis: "I'm different from my brother, more technical"

Default Sergio Pettis: "I'm different from my brother, more technical"

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...ore-technicalq

“I’m different from my brother. I’d say I’m more technical, and don’t do as many flashy moves, but I will still finish fights just like my brother. Regardless, I’m very grateful for this opportunity, and I will not disappoint the fans on November 16th,” he says.

“Vaughn Lee is going to see me at my full potential. I have a lot to prove to the division, to the world, and to myself. When I’m at my full potential, I’m dangerous.”

Sergio joins his brother Anthony, Erik Koch, Chico ‘King’ Camus, Dustin Ortiz, and Pascal ‘Panzer’ Krauss as a Roufusport fighter in the UFC. Head coach Duke Roufus says that the sky is the limit for is young charge.

“I'm just ecstatic that the UFC has given Sergio a chance to shine. Even though he's only 20 years old, he's got such a bright future ahead of him. I think he's got a shot at being a champion just like his brother,” he says.

I really don't like seeing him at BW, especially once he starts fighting better and better competition, who are going to start being a helluva lot bigger than him. I'd would really hope he makes the drop down to 125 which would be a more natural fit for him in the longterm.

More technical, less skilled and fluid

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    More technical, less skilled and fluid
    are you saying he is less skilled and fluid than the 26 year old ufc lightweight champion Anthony pettis or than the 22 year old Anthony pettis who lost to Bart Palaszewski in his wec debut?

This is a stupid pick up at this time.. Sergio was better suited to another year plus in the minors.

Instead of building this kid like a Jones lets do it like an Erik Silva. Give him Dillashaw then Faber.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Thread Information