Thread: UFN 29: Erick Silva looking to be the aggressor against Dong Hyun Kim

Default UFN 29: Erick Silva looking to be the aggressor against Dong Hyun Kim

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/5...-dong-hyun-kim

"Iím working hard on my techniques to bring Kim to my game and not fall into his traps," Silva told MMAFighting.com after a recent workout session at X-Gym. "His game is basically to hold you down, but Iím going forward as I always do, to be the aggressor."

Silva impressed in his first three UFC appearances before losing a decision against Jon Fitch in what was a barn-burner at UFC 153. That decision loss put him back in the welterweight pecking order a little bit, but it also reinforced the idea that he shouldn't be tentative in the cage.

"Itís not like I learned a lesson, but I realized I can just go ahead and fight," he says. "I shouldnít fear the wrestling game. I was a little hesitant to go full speed against Fitch, but it wonít happen again."

Silva will co-headline a UFC card for the second time in his career. In June 2012, "Indio" dominated Charlie Brenneman at UFC on FX 3 to score a first-round submission victory. Sixteen months later, he's looking to leave a similar kind of impression.

"I showed my qualities to the UFC, and they saw it," he says. "Iím happy to be the co-headliner again, and Iím doing my best in training to get the win. Iím in the best shape of my life."

Following the impressive win over High, Silva surprised some people by saying he wouldnít care if he had to fight 20 more times before getting a shot at the UFC title. He maintains that stance, but realistically is open to fight anyone, regardless if they wear a gold-plated accessory or not.

"Iím not worried about the belt," he says. "What's important is how the UFC sees me. Itís too soon to think about that. Maybe in two years, I donít know how Iíll be by then. All I can do is keep winning. I will sign on to fight anyone they want. Iíd rather get more experience [before fighting for the title], but Iíll be ready whenever the UFC wants."

All I can say is, bring back Jon Fitch.

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    All I can say is, bring back Jon Fitch.
    There's too many nubs that can't appreciate his talent.

Eric is my favorite WW at this time; his potential seems limitless, especially if he can work with some world class wrestlers to improve his TDD.

I see Stungun neutralizing Silva's attack and taking a very methodical and dull decision.

I hope he can ko the Okami mini-me before he starts grinding

I think silva is going to destroy this kim. I hate kim hes boring, walked out to the pride theme song when he wasn't even in pride and calls for a title whenever he wins.

I think Stun gun takes this. His takedowns are top notch. I think he is pretty much a better version of fitch.

Thread Information