Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cody McKenzie returns to lightweight, meets Sam Stout at UFC on FOX 9

Default Cody McKenzie returns to lightweight, meets Sam Stout at UFC on FOX 9

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...t-ufc-on-fox-9

The card for the UFC's return to Sacramento is one step closer to being complete with the addition of a lightweight bout to the card.

Cody McKenzie (14-3 MMA, 3-3 UFC) will return to 155 pounds after a two-fight stint at featherweight and will meet Sam Stout (19-9-1 MA, 8-8 UFC) on the show.

UFC officials today announced the fighters will fight at December's UFC on FOX 9 event.

Featuring a lineup that includes a headlining contest between UFC lightweight champ Anthony Pettis and challenger Josh Thomson, UFC on FOX 9 takes place on Dec. 14 at Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, Calif.

The evening's main card airs on FOX following prelims that air on FOX Sports 1 and stream on Facebook. The McKenzie-Stout fight will be part of the night's preliminary card.

Love it! This is a tough match for Cody. Sam is no slouch on the ground and as much as I enjoy watching him strike I like seeing his ground game too!
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

3. Default

There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Going to be a rough night for Cody. Stout takes this via KO.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

ive grown to like cody, seemed like a one trick pony but always involved in fun fights

6. Default

Cody is gonna smother a well past his prime Sam Stout.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Stout has fought Makdessi and won. Makdessi's grappling and strength far outweigh McKenzie's, in my opinion.

The question I would raise is: how much has McKenzie's striking come along? Cody's jab-takedown game is rather impotent.

Might as well hand these two the FOTN check now.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Stout has fought Makdessi and won. Makdessi's grappling and strength far outweigh McKenzie's, in my opinion.

The question I would raise is: how much has McKenzie's striking come along? Cody's jab-takedown game is rather impotent.
    He lost to Makdessi in what was mostly a standup fight. Stout, and it just kills me to say this, has not looked good or fast in quite some time now.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Cody is gonna smother a well past his prime Sam Stout.
    No way this happens. Mckenzie gets beat up on in the standup. Stout may be past his prime but he should have enough left to beat up Cody.

Thread Information