Thread: Trainer: Machida should fight for title w/ win over Munoz, even if it's against Siva

Default Trainer: Machida should fight for title w/ win over Munoz, even if it's against Siva

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/7/48...is-weidman-mma

ormer Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva said he would rather retire, than have to step into the Octagon against friend, team mate and former light heavyweight kingpin, Lyoto Machida (his words).
    The feeling may not be mutual.

Longtime mixed martial arts (MMA) trainer Rafael Cordeiro, who will corner "The Dragon" in his upcoming fight against Mark Munoz in the main event of UFC Fight Night 30 on Oct. 26, 2013 from Phones 4u Arena in Manchester, England (details), wants to see Machida take on the winner of Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva 2, who settle their score at UFC 168 in December.

Cordeiro elaborates to Fighters Only:

"I think if Lyoto wins he gets the title shot but also you have Jacare, he did a great job in his last fight. I think he deserves the opportunity to fight for the belt. It doesn't matter who is the champion. In my opinion everybody wants the belt, everybody fights for the belt. It's a dream for all fighters so all guys in the top five or top ten deserve the chance to fight for the belt. Jacare deserves it, Lyoto deserves it. Mark works so hard, he deserves all the best also. So if guys have to fight, let's fight."

I agree, although Machida DOES NOT earn a Title shot with 1 win..
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by stpierrecanada View Post
    I agree, although Machida DOES NOT earn a Title shot with 1 win..
    ..This is the ufc, people don't earn title shots, they change weight classes and talk smack to get them. Also if you are a top 10 fighter, you better abandon what ever the hell you are doing and start brawling/talking smack or you might get cut.

At least machida would have one victory in the weight class. I think he should need two wins for said shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    At least machida would have one victory in the weight class. I think he should need two wins for said shot.
    Agreed put him in with Vitor for a title eliminator

I think Machida and Vitor would be an amazing fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Well don't worry about Belfort. He is about to be derailed by a H-Bomb.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Thread Information