Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off topic but anybody watching Glory?

Default Off topic but anybody watching Glory?

Just caught the Spong fight and wow what vicious power he landed with. If he can get some solid tdd, he could be a nightmare for anybody in mma.

i caught the sprong fight... powerful guy but i think hes trying too much, he said he will go to boxing to finish the year

I watched Sprong and the main event. Sprong could be such a force in MMA if he got the right camp. Imagine if he got into AKA and trained with the likes of Cormier, Lawal and Cain.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Just my opinion here, of course, but I think TDD will always be nearly impossible for him. Part of what makes him so incredible is that fundamental Muay Thai stance and approach. He plants INCREDIBLY hard on the back leg for nearly every technique he throws and that's pretty much an invitation for a power double or an inside trip in the clinch/plum.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Just my opinion here, of course, but I think TDD will always be nearly impossible for him. Part of what makes him so incredible is that fundamental Muay Thai stance and approach. He plants INCREDIBLY hard on the back leg for nearly every technique he throws and that's pretty much an invitation for a power double or an inside trip in the clinch/plum.
    I agree but one can hope. If a guy like could get his tdd to where he feels he can confidently let his hands and feet go, I'd hate to be his opponent.

Right now I consider Tyrone Spong the scariest fuckin' dude on the planet.
    I'd rather run through Traffic on the Freeway blindfolded than be put in a ring with Spong.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Maybe takedown defense is out the window but a good scrampler like Liddell. A guy who just is able to bounce up after being takendown.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Don't you think that had more to do with his wrestling background (sitting out)?
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Maybe takedown defense is out the window but a good scrampler like Liddell. A guy who just is able to bounce up after being takendown.
    That could work too. I'm sure after a first round of his leg kicks, he'd definitely take a wrestlers legs out and weaken those td attempts.

Thread Information