Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC Fight Night 29 weigh-in results: Maia, Shields official, Thiago Silva overweight

1. Default UFC Fight Night 29 weigh-in results: Maia, Shields official, Thiago Silva overweight

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...igh-in-results

BARUERI, Sao Paulo, Brazil – MMAjunkie.com was on scene and reporting live from today's UFC Fight Night 29 fighter weigh-ins, where all but one fighter made weight in their first attempts.

The festivities took place at Jose Correa Arena in Barueri, Sao Paulo, Brazil, the same site that hosts Wednesday's event, which has a main card on FOX Sports 1 following prelims on the same channel.

In the main event, Brazil's Demian Maia (18-4 MMA, 12-4 UFC) meets former Strikeforce champion Jake Shields (28-6-1 MMA, 3-2 UFC) in what could wind up being an important fight in the welterweight division.

Both Maia and Shields were on target for the fight, with each weighing in at 171 pounds before their staredown.

In the co-main event, Erick Silva (15-3 MMA, 3-2 UFC) takes on Dong Hyun Kim (17-2-1 MMA, 8-2 UFC) in another welterweight fight. Silva was 170 pounds on the nose, while Kim was 171.

Thiago Silva was the lone fighter to miss weight on his first attempt. The Brazilian came in at 208 pounds for his fight against Matt Hamill, who was 205. Silva was given one hour to cut to the light heavyweight maximum of 206 pounds with the one-pound non-title fight allowance.

To open the main card, bantamweight contenders T.J. Dillashaw (136) and Raphael Assuncao (136) each hit their marks. In his drop to welterweight, Rousimar Palhares (171) was good to go in his first cut to 170 to fight Mike Pierce (171). And light heayvweights Joey Beltran (205) and Fabio Maldonado (204) were on target.

The full UFC Fight Night 29 weigh-in results included:

MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 7 p.m. ET)
    • Demian Maia (171) vs. Jake Shields (171)
    • Dong Hyun Kim (171) vs. Erick Silva (170)
    • Matt Hamill (205) vs. Thiago Silva (208)*
    • Joey Beltran (205) vs. Fabio Maldonado (204)
    • Rousimar Palhares (171) vs. Mike Pierce (171)
    • Raphael Assuncao (135) vs. T.J. Dillashaw (136)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 2, 5 p.m. ET)
    •Igor Araujo (171) vs. Ildemar Alcantara (171)
    •Yan Cabral (170) vs. David Mitchell (171)
    •Chris Cariaso (125) vs. Iliarde Santos (126)
    •Alan Patrick (155) vs. Garett Whiteley (156)

* Silva was given one hour to make the 206-pound light heavyweight maximum.

There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

So I guess this was recent and we dont know if he made it within the hour?

I really really hope stun gun doesn't Fitch Silva... and IMO Shields and Hamill are going to get hurt.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Thiago Silva was the lone fighter to miss weight on his first attempt. The Brazilian came in at 208 pounds for his fight against Matt Hamill, who was 205. Silva was given one hour to cut to the light heavyweight maximum of 206 pounds with the one-pound non-title fight allowance. But, UFC officials told MMAjunkie.com, Silva was unable to drop enough weight after 45 minutes and elected to not re-weigh. Instead, the fight with Hamill will be at a 208-pound catchweight and Silva will forfeit 25 percent of his show money. While he now is ineligible for any fight-night bonus money, he will receive his full win bonus should he defeat Hamill.
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...igh-in-results
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

We call those guys Mr. Can't Get Right.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

5. Default

Its times like this I question the cutting of Okami. Thiago can miss weight, fail drug tests, make gestures that would get him fined in any other pro sport, and seems to just keep riding the wave..

If thiago loses this fight I have to think he is cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Its times like this I question the cutting of Okami. Thiago can miss weight, fail drug tests, make gestures that would get him fined in any other pro sport, and seems to just keep riding the wave..
    If he loses this fight, you can bet your bottom dollar that he is gone.

Maybe he forgot to take off the whizzinator.

Besides all the neg posts about Silva how bout some good stuff?? I hope Erik Silva finishes stun gun Condit style. He has the talent to be fighting GSP soon

I normally feel indifferent about Hamill, but I hope he beats Thiago by whatever way. Even a blanket fest would be acceptable.

Thread Information