Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stefan Struve cleared to return to training

Default Stefan Struve cleared to return to training

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...n-to-training/

Throughout, Struve has maintained a positive attitude. He followed a reccomended medical response to take medication for two months, and then reassess. The Dutchman met with his doctors last week, and today his manager Lex McMahon reached out to MMAFighting's Ariel Helwani with positive news.

"The doctors informed Stefan that the leakage back into his heart has been greatly reduced," said McMahon.

"Additionally, his heart is not as enlarged as it was, but since it is still enlarged, they are attributing it to a condition called 'Sport Heart' or 'Athletic Heart Syndrome,' which is fairly common in athletes who train rigorously for more than one hour per day and is generally considered benign.

"Stefan's doctors have cleared him to return to training so they can evaluate how he responds over the next several months.

"At this time the doctors are suggesting that he continue with the medicine and do not recommend surgery.

"The general prognosis for Stefan's health is very positive. Stefan is focused on returning to the Octagon as soon as he can do so safely."

Great Ffffin news.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

It is very good that he can return to training, but unfortunately it still does not mean at all that he can return to MMA anytime soon
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Great news! Hopefully he'll come back better than ever!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Wow... I hope the best for Struve and that nothing will seriously damage his health in continuing his career.

Now come back and just bleed!!

Stefan Struve Back To Full Training Schedule, Expects UFC Return In 2014
    Read more at http://www.bjpenn.com/stefan-struve-...So8c6TPJYE8.99
    Stefan Struve ✔ @StefanStruve
    Follow
    “@KenPishna: @MMAWeeklycom @ufc @StefanStruve We can’t wait to report when you’re coming back to the Octagon! :-)” early next year you will!
    10:19 AM - 22 Nov 2013

Just to be back in training after such a scary thing is a giant leap forward... very happy for him.

Can't friggin wait to see the Skyscraper back in the cage! Good for him!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Struve cleared, expecting spring return
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...spring-return/
    Struve cleared, expecting spring return

Stefan Struve was one of the heavyweight divisions rising stars until an enlarged heart and leaking valve was discovered. However, Struve has been cleared by doctor's and expects a full return to the UFC:

"Everything went really well. Everything was where the doctor wanted it to be. As it is right now, my heart is still bigger than the heart of a normal human being. Half of that is because I'm as tall as I am and the other because I'm an athlete and my size adapted to the size it had to be to adapt to my body. If I would have had that alone, it would be no problem. But, I was born with it and the leaking aortic valve. If you go long without being treated, then it can become a danger.

The main thing you notice with this condition is your cardio output. When they first discovered it, the leakage was about 30 to 40 percent and right now it's about maybe 10 percent or less.

It's really good and I asked the doctor the question: 'Right now, if you had to clear me right now for a fight, would you clear me?' And he said, 'Yeah, of course. The amount of leakage you have right now, you shouldn't be able to feel anything with it.'"

but will UFC let him fight? Isnt dan hardy cleared to train as well but not by UFC?

Thread Information