Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Sonnen: GSP requested his UFC 167 presence because he's the 'biggest star

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,472

    Default Sonnen: GSP requested his UFC 167 presence because he's the 'biggest star

    Sonnen: Georges St. Pierre requested his UFC 167 presence because he's the 'biggest star in the business'

    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/8/48...main-event-mma

    That's because when two of the top PPV draws in the sport join forces to carry a card, it's a win-win situation for all parties involved monetarily-wise.

    Sonnen breaks it down:

    "I'm on this card because Georges St. Pierre requested I was on this card. Georges, much like me, is on the pay-per-view. He wants to make as much [money] as he can. I'm the biggest star in this business, and he called Dana White and he said, ‘Dana, if you want me to fight Johny Hendricks, you've got to put Chael Sonnen on the card.' And so I agreed to do it. I worked out with Georges two weeks ago and I did not ask him that, but that's what I was told and I took it as a compliment. If he didn't say it, I guess I'll look like a fool and be a little disappointed because I appreciated that he did."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,417

    Default

    Can a MOD change the title, Cat misspelled "tool".
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  3. Default

    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Can a MOD change the title, Cat misspelled "tool".
    I used spell check and it insists that the first word in the title is perfectly spelled.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,417

    Default

    Weird. Oh well, I gotta get off the computer anyway. I'm doing some remodeling at my place, so I need to go to Home Depot and buy a new star belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,504

    Default

    Oh, that's what was misspelled.....I thought the first word and tool seemed synonymous.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  7. Default

    Fighter bashing from a mod?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Should add a poll and see who actually believes GSP did this...
    Fav Fighters:
    - "The Phenom" Vitor Belfort
    - Renato "Babalu" Sobral
    - Georges "Rush" St. Pierre
    - Andrei "The Pitbull" Arlovski

  9. Default

    Without looking up the numbers I'd say Sonnen has good PPV numbers. So GSP and Sonnen should be great draws = $$$$$ even if Sonnen is a tool. I think most would agree he hypes a fight better than his record

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    What kind of asshole correctly acknowledges that he makes the company a ton of money?!?! I bet you he would say he is good at wrestling too!
    USA! USA! USA!

    Stealing is wrong!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •