Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Ten Knockouts in UFC (Zuffa) History

I've caught the first three episodes and they had Weidmans KO over Silva at 36 which should be top 5 just for the sheer ramifications of it. A fighter coming off a year long lay off from surgery fighting the greatest P4P and KOing him? And it was ranked 36th? It will be interesting to see what they have for their top 10.

One of my faves I didn't see mentioned was rashad head kicking Sean salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Pride was not owned by Zuffa at the time of these events, therefore the events were not Zuffa events!

Might as well just say best MMA knockouts, which may bring about sexy KO gifs from obscure promotions.
    i'm well aware that pride wasnt owned by zuffa during those events (i'm not new lol). the actual countdown series includes all the promotions that zuffa has library rights to (which includes pride, etc.). i think it's reasonable to categorize it as a zuffa promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    And how many of those were even zuffa? 7?

Weidman over Anderson has to creep onto these lists.
    all but 3 whgt do i win

(maybe you all can buy me a speak and spell )

I know it's a lesser known KO and not as flashy as some, but the one-two combo Rizzo uses to finish Arlovski back in the day has always been a personal fave.

Haha you've always been a Rizzo mark. But yea, hell of a KO
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Rizzo is one of those fighters, that when he's "on" he looks like a fucking cyborg terminator. The Barnett, TK and Arlovski finishes are sick and then there are those wars with Randy Couture, which are a criminally underrated duo of fights. I'd even throw up their second match as having one of the best all around UFC cards ever.....

And yeah, I'm a Rizzo mark lol.

Quote Originally Posted by carbondioxide830 View Post
    i'm well aware that pride wasnt owned by zuffa during those events (i'm not new lol). the actual countdown series includes all the promotions that zuffa has library rights to (which includes pride, etc.). i think it's reasonable to categorize it as a zuffa promotion.
    Of all the KO's in PRIDE FC, I'd rank rampage over Arona as one of the lowest. First, rampage was OUT in Arona's guard. He literally stops hitting him and looks to the ref, who gives 'page the time to recover. Then, the slam is cool, but it's not what KO's Ricardo, it's the inadvertent headbutt that occurs as it concludes. You can literally see the cut from Arona's teeth on rampage's face as they announce him the winner. Inadvertent, but still entirely illegal. Not to mention the fight should have been stopped 30 seconds before that.

it

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

No love for Alexander's brutal dismantling of Jardine? The uppercut that finishes him would have knocked him out of his goddamned shoes (had be been wearing them).

Abbott vs Matua!!!

Thread Information