Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GSP 'very disappointed' with lack of UFC support for his drug testing

Default GSP 'very disappointed' with lack of UFC support for his drug testing

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-drug-testing/

Now, in an interview with the French language site lapresse.ca, St-Pierre says he is 'very disappointed' in the lack of support from the UFC for his drug testing efforts.

Since George St-Pierre made up his mind to submit to serious doping controls for his next fight, the Québécois feels abandoned by the UFC. The organization has shown no enthusiasm for the initiative. Worse, the UFC president has even offered veiled criticism.

"We miss the boat now," said St-Pierre. "The only thing is that I do not know if they are willing to support me. I thought they were ready to support me, but I was disappointed, very disappointed with this turn of events.

"There are things I can not say. I do not want to get back to the UFC because it is my employer. However, I do not take journalists for idiots. They are able to read between the lines. They are able to see what happens."

"It bothers me to fight against guys who use performance-enhancing drugs, because it is not fair. It's a nasty difference in training, argues St-Pierre. "There are those who say: 'Doping, it does not bother me.' Me, it bothers me... Without accusing anyone, if there are some who do not want to do the tests, I'll do the fighting. It will not be the first time. But it's just that I'm getting a little tired of it."

Real men keep their word.

Wonder if Hendricks is juicing as we speak.

After all this talk, I would find it amusing if GSP got popped by the commissions testing.

It would be very shitty for the sport to lose their golden boy but in a sick and twisted way, it would make me chuckle.

Dana White: The government regulates the sport!

Dana should have stepped in and made Hendricks honor his word.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Dana should have stepped in and made Hendricks honor his word.

I disagree. White has no say and why should Hendricks agree to get tested by one of GSP's sponsors? Hendricks was ok with WADA testing but GSP insisted on VADA, no?

If they are not one of GSP's sponsors, it seems kind of fishy he allows them to promote him as a VADA participant on their webpage.

He shouldn't be disappointed with the UFC at all. Their not the ones who have been accused of using stuff in the past, GSP is. He's the one that needs to clear his own name, if he chooses to do so.

I really don't think the UFC gives a shit a fighter under contract with them is using something or not. They just care whether they get caught or not, and bring negative publicity to the company & the sport. Look at the whole TRT thing. No one said shit about it, until more & more fighters applied for exemption, and it gained a lot of media publicity. That's when Dana finally said something. Athletes in other sports are getting popped more & more, with the increase in detection technology; BIG NAME athletes. Meanwhile the MMA & boxing commissions are giving fighters exemptions to actually use doctor administered testosterone, to athletes of a relatively new sport, where grown men & women beat the shit out of eachother. So the UFC had to say something to appease the media & mma fans who were commenting negatively. Although, admittedly, my theory doesn't explain their suspension for Ben Rothwell, other than maybe thinking they needed to back up their word, if the media found out about the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I disagree. White has no say and why should Hendricks agree to get tested by one of GSP's sponsors? Hendricks was ok with WADA testing but GSP insisted on VADA, no?

If they are not one of GSP's sponsors, it seems kind of fishy he allows them to promote him as a VADA participant on their webpage.
    St-Pierre's camp expressed a preference to use VADA, which they said had agreed to pay for costs in order to use his likeness; whereas, WADA made no such offer and would cost more. The president of VADA denied this.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...media-frenzies

Hendricks paranoid about getting caught with something outside his regime? Or is Hendricks paranoid about a false positive? Either is probable.

Perhaps GSP is pissed he fronted the cash?

All that I have are questions. What I have no question about is how Hendricks renegged on the agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    St-Pierre's camp expressed a preference to use VADA, which they said had agreed to pay for costs in order to use his likeness; whereas, WADA made no such offer and would cost more. The president of VADA denied this.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...media-frenzies

Hendricks paranoid about getting caught with something outside his regime? Or is Hendricks paranoid about a false positive? Either is probable.

Perhaps GSP is pissed he fronted the cash?

All that I have are questions. What I have no question about is how Hendricks renegged on the agreement.
    So if VADA did not sponsor the tests, why are they allowed to use GSP on their webpage as a main athlete who supports VADA?

GSP's camp claims VADA paying, VADA denies this... still something fishy. If I was Hendricks, I would say forget this too..

What is wrong with WADA considering the claims neither agency is paying for the testing?

Long story short, GSP should not be attached to the company he is challenging his opponent to get a drug test from.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    He shouldn't be disappointed with the UFC at all. Their not the ones who have been accused of using stuff in the past, GSP is. He's the one that needs to clear his own name, if he chooses to do so.

I really don't think the UFC gives a shit a fighter under contract with them is using something or not. They just care whether they get caught or not, and bring negative publicity to the company & the sport. Look at the whole TRT thing. No one said shit about it, until more & more fighters applied for exemption, and it gained a lot of media publicity. That's when Dana finally said something. Athletes in other sports are getting popped more & more, with the increase in detection technology; BIG NAME athletes. Meanwhile the MMA & boxing commissions are giving fighters exemptions to actually use doctor administered testosterone, to athletes of a relatively new sport, where grown men & women beat the shit out of eachother. So the UFC had to say something to appease the media & mma fans who were commenting negatively. Although, admittedly, my theory doesn't explain their suspension for Ben Rothwell, other than maybe thinking they needed to back up their word, if the media found out about the results.
    This is exactly why gsp should be disappointed by them. The ufc should want to make the sport as clean as they can and as professional as they can, but instead they only give a shit about if it makes them look bad. Instead of praising gsp's efforts, they talk bad about it.

Thread Information