Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: GSP 'very disappointed' with lack of UFC support for his drug testing

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I wasnt trying to point out the fact you said he was juicing, I was pointing out the fact you claimed he was ducking the system and then continued to shit talk him for it. Yet, in this thread, you claim people are picking on GSP or that he is held to a double standard in regards to fulfilling his opponents requests.

Hendricks asking for a different testing agency is no different from Condit asking for a different testing agency. But both requests are different from GSP's seemingly strong desire to only use VADA.

And before you respond with the claim Hendricks initially agreed to additional testing and then backed out, yes, he agreed when the question was sprung on him in the media then back tracked when he learned more about the situation. Hendricks gladly said he would do anther agency..
    So when Firas comes out and says that GSP wants to do both VADA and WADA testing for their fight in November to put rest to this entire situation we still dont hear hendricks saying he will accept the VADA. He instead said gsp threw him under the bus with this testing and that VADA is "shady" (thats the exact word he used) to try and discredit it in some shape or form.

It is what it is, i shit talked him because he back out on his word. Call the question "sprung on to him" or w.e other way you want to justify him not stepping up and honoring his word. Hendricks has every right to say "i need to look into it, im not educated enough on their system to answer yes or no but once we look into it we will sit down as a camp and decide whether or not to agree to Vada." If he didnt want to give an answer like the simplest answer would have been "next question" as he holds the right to answer and not answer any question of his choice. He didnt do that. He said hes clean, he doesnt have anything in his system and blah blah which in turn is making him look bad for not signing up for the tests when he agreed to.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    So when Firas comes out and says that GSP wants to do both VADA and WADA testing for their fight in November to put rest to this entire situation we still dont hear hendricks saying he will accept the VADA. He instead said gsp threw him under the bus with this testing and that VADA is "shady" (thats the exact word he used) to try and discredit it in some shape or form.

It is what it is, i shit talked him because he back out on his word. Call the question "sprung on to him" or w.e other way you want to justify him not stepping up and honoring his word. Hendricks has every right to say "i need to look into it, im not educated enough on their system to answer yes or no but once we look into it we will sit down as a camp and decide whether or not to agree to Vada." If he didnt want to give an answer like the simplest answer would have been "next question" as he holds the right to answer and not answer any question of his choice. He didnt do that. He said hes clean, he doesnt have anything in his system and blah blah which in turn is making him look bad for not signing up for the tests when he agreed to.

Why does VADA have to even be involved?

Other fighters (Condit / Hendricks) have expressed a concern about GSP's relationship to VADA... This in itself should be enough for GSP who is trying to be extra transparent and open to testing to say ok, lets go with a 'neutral' agency.

WADA was suggested by the athletic commission, Hendricks agreed. GSP agreed. Then GSP's team was unavailable to be reached by phone or email for the next ten days and the testing idea was dropped.

He instead said gsp threw him under the bus with this testing and that VADA is "shady" (thats the exact word he used) to try and discredit it in some shape or form.
    So did Condit throw GSP under the bus when he agreed to additional testing but not VADA testing?

i shit talked him because he back out on his word.
    Didnt GSP back out on his word considering he agreed to WADA and yet it still did not happen? GSP agreed to do WADA testing with Hendricks and VADA on his own, yet WADA did not happen.

Call the question "sprung on to him" or w.e other way you want to justify him not stepping up and honoring his word. Hendricks has every right to say "i need to look into it, im not educated enough on their system to answer yes or no but once we look into it we will sit down as a camp and decide whether or not to agree to Vada."
    Hendricks was asked if he agreed to additional testing and VADA was not specified. Hendricks agreed, VADA was brought up and changed his mind and asked the NSAC provide an agency...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/7/...-peds-steroids
    According to Ehrhardt, the original offer that St-Pierre extended to Hendricks was not for VADA Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) testing. "GSP asked if we would drug test. He didn't say VADA or anything else at first, he just asked for drug testing and Johny said, 'Of course I'll drug test.' Then he said VADA, and then it came to us that VADA is giving the testing to him for free.'

That VADA would offer St-Pierre testing for free was a red flag for the Hendricks camp, especially since the cost of the testing is reportedly in the $20,000 range.

"Somehow he (St-Pierre) has a relationship with VADA. I don't know to what degree, but that made us a little nervous and since we don't work for GSP, we work for the UFC, and we're fighting in Nevada, so they're the commission, we talked to both of them," Ehrhardt said. "We did a conference call with GSP's manager and trainer, the Nevada commission, UFC representative and myself, and we talked about him wanting us to do VADA."

During that call, the Nevada State Athletic Commission put forth the idea that the two sides use World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) testing. According to Ehrhardt everyone agreed that WADA would be the way to go, but, "A week later, GSP's attorney asked 15 or 20 questions about how WADA is going to test for this and that, how are they going to move the tests, how are they going to do this, a ton of questions."

Some of those questions revolved around testing times and what they tests would look for, "He wanted to have predetermined times. It's not random if you know when they're coming. He had questions about what they test for, and that's another red flag. Why do you care what they test for, if you're clean, you're clean? We didn't ask one question," said Ehrhardt. "We were just ready to test WADA, that's what we wanted to do, and he didn't want to."

After finding out that St-Pierre was uninterested in pursuing WADA testing the Hendricks camp said, "Fine, you do VADA, we won't do anything'."

At that point, the NSAC said they were out of the picture, telling St-Pierre's team, according to Ehrhardt, "If you want to do your own drug testing we can't stop you. You can submit it, but it doesn't mean anything to us."

As for where Hendricks stands, with the offer for GSP to pay for the WADA testing off the table, they are not going to do WADA testing. Ehrhardt made it very clear that Hendricks and his team were more than willing to accommodate the WADA testing, "If he wanted to do WADA testing we would have been all for it."

Cat you can post whatever you want. It won't change nothing. Gsp is like this forum's very own personal Jesus for a lot of ppl.

4. Default

As long as both guys show up and pass the NSAC tests, you can all shove your biased opinions up the wrong end of your one way digestive tract.

Oh, and good to see trolldawg's spirit lives on in yet another useless poster.

I thought WADA was an entity that makes guidelines for anti-doping agency such as VADA?

GSP clarified that on MMAfighting.com
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/25...fies-wada-vada

VADA, WADA, yadda yadda yadda.

At this point, the feud between UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and challenger Johny Hendricks isnít so much a clinical debate over pre-fight drug testing as a public one about the "whys and why nots."

To help commemorate the 200th episode of The MMA Hour, a fired-up St-Pierre appeared on the show and discussed the latest in his ongoing saga with Hendricks over extraneous drug screening. Originally it was St-Pierre who wanted to use VADA ahead of their Nov. 16 title fight in Las Vegas at UFC 167, even offering to pay for it (which he did). Hendricks was at first on board but, suspecting that St-Pierre was in league with VADA (who used his likeness on its site), said he wanted WADA -- citing its reputation for being legit with the Olympics and the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Then it became a battle of sterile acronyms that carry implications regardless of actual intent.

In a nutshell, thatís where conflicting things began slapping up against each other in a haze of emails between managers and the commission which threw the whole thing into a procedural morass, in which eyebrows from both sides were raised in suspicion. Itís been messy from the moment it was introduced.

And thatís where St-Pierre would like to start. By filling people in between the differences between WADA and VADA, and by tamping down this notion that he is anything other than professionally affiliated with the latter.

"No, thatís not true," he told host Ariel Helwani. "This is ridiculous. I heard what Johny Hendricks said, and he doesnít know what heís talking about. He was talking about WADA, he said he wanted to do WADA."

Here St-Pierre spelled out the letters of the acronym W-A-D-A, which stands for World Anti-Doping Agency.

"First, let me educate you on the subject. WADA, itís an organization that makes the guidelines. They make the guidelines for the testing association. VADA follows the guidelines of WADA. So when he said he wanted to be tested by WADA, there is no such thing. Itís an organization that makes the guidelines."

VADA is of course the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association, which has been used by St-Pierreís training partner Rory MacDonald in his fight with BJ Penn and numerous boxers in the past. The reason St-Pierre says he was adamant about the testing had less to do with accusing anybody of anything as it did helping the sportís image.

Not to mention his own.

"A lot of people accusing me of taking steroids," he said. "In the past I always feel like itís because people felt like I had good athleticism, so I took it as a compliment. But as time goes by I wanted to make a point. I wanted to prove to the world that you can be the world champion without using steroids. Iíve never used steroids in my life, and I wanted to make a point for myself.

"First reason is I wanted to do something good for the honest people in the sport that are fighting. And I wanted to do something good for the sport. As a champion I want to be a good role model, and as an athletic, outside the octagon my role is to elevate the sport to another level. I want to elevate the sport to a more mainstream level, and I think itís the next step. I wanted to raise the bar and do something for the sport. I said I was going to do it. Hendicks said he was going to do it in the past, but he changed his mind. But me, Iím still doing it because Iím a man of my word."

St-Pierre pointed out that he has been undergoing the random testing already, that twice heís been interrupted at the gym and at home. He didnít downplay the nuisance of this, calling it a "sacrifice he wanted to make for this camp," but stuck to the idea that it felt necessary. And, though he pointed out on several occasions that Hendricks was the one who reneged on the original gentlemanís handshake to undergo this testing, he took the higher road when it came to pointing an incendiary finger at him.

"I donít want to accuse Johny Hendricks, you can ask Johny himself the reason why he doesnít want to do it," he said. "Iím not going to answer for him. The only thing I can is this -- people who want to be champion, people who want to make money, what makes you money as an athlete? Itís your brand, and how you succeed in your sport. Even if youíre brand is not good, you have a bad reputation youíre not going to make money and that sponsor is not going to want to sponsor you.

"When you say something you have to be a man of your word and do it. When I tell Hendricks Iím going to do it, Iím going to do it. Thatís why Iíve made money in this sport because I have a good brand and Iím a man of my word. When I say something, Iím going to do it. Itís part of my person, to be authentic and who I am and be what I stand for."

Dana White was on record recently saying that both fighters "look stupid" in this ordeal, and that both should just let the commission do its standard testing, St-Pierre reiterated his position.

"I said I was going to do the commission testing, Iím still waiting for the paper," he said. "We have the email, we have proof of the email that my manager sent. We are waiting for athletic commission. I want to do both. I will do any test, I donít care."

Obviously UFC will not support the drug testing. It is very known that most fighters use "magic stuff". If they begin to get tested all the time, plenty of them will be suspended and plenty of cards are going to get ruined and imagine how much money poor Dana White is going to lose.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

it seems the more we look into it the less shady VADA becomes.

As you mentioned Roy Nelson is also a 'VADA backed' fighter.... Do you remember the 'shady' shit VADA printed about Carwin when trying to force him into VADA testing with Roy?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...DA-credibility

Genet's remarks referred to an inept, preposterous, and inexcusably offensive article that had appeared on the VADA website:

UFC: Swept Under The Rug - Shane Carwin On Steroids

Shane Bannister Carwin, age 37, from Greeley, Colorado, had burst onto the mixed martial arts scene back in May of 2008. And, like some Brama-Bull that had been let-loose inside an octagon-shaped-china-shop, Carwin—who had virtually zero prior mma experience, quickly destroyed such notables as Christian Wellisch, Neil Wain, Gabriel Gonzaga, and Frank Mir, all within the first-round and all with one-punch destruction.

Suddenly, at UFC 116, on July 3, 2010, Carwin—who looked like the poster boy for PED's—found himself in a title-shot opportunity with former WWE wrestler Brock Lesnar who was champion at the time. And although he was doing well in the match-up and beating Lesnar virtually senseless in the first round, instead of mercilessly stopping the contest, the referee in charge, Josh Rosenthall, let the beating go on.

In the second round however, whether it was due to steroids, or just plain fatigue, Carwin emerged like a rag-doll on roller skates—beaten by his own heavily muscular body, and perhaps also an undisciplined lack of conditioning.

Nonetheless, Lesnar threw Carwin to the mat and sunk in an old time wrestling choke, and it was all over..Carwin tapped. The fight with Lesnar was in July 2010, and in August the scandal happened.

Silence for months...soon followed.

Then, out of nowhere, recently, at UFC 131 on June 11, 2011, a thinner, less muscular Carwin emerged, this time he was seemingly devoid of PED's, and as a result, he was severely beaten by current UFC heavyweight champ, Junior Dos Santos.

Two whole years have passed now since the scandal that never was happened. And, it seems, nowadays, that UFC president Dana White would like us to forget and forgive Carwin for cheating and breaking the rules back in the summer of 2010.

On Thursday July 12th 2012, Dana White announced that Carwin and fellow heavyweight, Roy Nelson will appear as the next Coaches for the 16th season of 'The Ultimate Fighter;' and will then fight each-other at a later date.

Unlike other sports—where Athletes are using PED's—combat sports is different in that fighters aren't merely hitting an inanimate object—such as a stitched-up piece of cork and horse-hide—their target is a real one. It's a delicate human skull with a brain inside. Under those terms, someone may be killed very easily.

And what exactly can Carwin offer to young men of "The Ultimate Fighter?"

The proper way to use a syringe perhaps?

Genet offered a detailed and compelling refutation of the defamatory piece:

"I 100% support cleaning up the sport," wrote Genet. "I feel that PEDs and TUEs (without full disclosure) are going to do unrepairable damage to the sport as a whole. On that same note "journalism" like this sponsored, paid for and supported by an alleged "independent" testing organization raises many questions about the agencies' agenda. When we agreed to fight Roy we knew part of his gimmick would be to bring VADA into the fold. We knew Roy and VADA are friendly so we expected them to approach us about independent testing. However, in light of this article we now feel that VADA could not be trusted as a truly independent testing agency. This article clearly shows they have ulterior motives.

"Upon joining the UFC Shane has been tested for almost all of his fights. The only fight that he was not tested in was the Lesnar fight. That was because he was rushed to the hospital where blood was drawn if anyone needed to test it. My client was insisting on being tested before being transported. Being a clean fighter is that important to him. Before the UFC my client was tested in his NCAA Senior Bowl trip, the multiple NCAA Championship games in football, the NFL Combine, NCAA Wrestling Finals (twice, once before the Combine and once after) and recently while applying for life insurance through his job. Being a County employee he has to submit to random test on the job to be issued his work truck and be covered by insurance. I might argue that he is tested and passed more drug screens then any current UFC fighter and most parolees.

"VADA missed a great opportunity to be associated with a great athlete. They choose to sensationalize and create a story when they are allegedly one of the few outlets in the world that could prove if my client was doping or not. They chose defamation of character rather then science. They get to live with that choice. As we prepare to face Roy in December the UFC and the ACs have the right to test my client any time leading up to the fight and post fight. The UFC alone test more of its athletes than any other sport and we look forward to continuing passing any test given they wish to give. We do not see VADA as a credible testing resource. To me they are like the Unions that are picking on MMA, it is not about MMA it is about the money being made by Zuffa. They want their piece of it and are willing to trash the sport and athletes to get it."

The article has since been removed from the VADA website. Genet offers further details.

"According to Dr. Goodman, it was pulled because it was defamatory," explained Genet. "She claims to have no knowledge of who wrote it and fired the intern who posted it. It was not posted as a story from elsewhere. It was placed in full form under VADA news. At that time they were working with Roy."

*Maybe Hendricks and Condit were onto something when they said they wouldnt do VADA testing but would do other WADA or commission approved testing.

^^I missed that article - if you can call it that - at the time. Truly godawful.

Well they pulled the article and fired the 'intern' who posted it. So that shows us they're becoming "less shady" right? Lol

"A lot of people accusing me of taking steroids," he said. "In the past I always feel like it’s because people felt like I had good athleticism, so I took it as a compliment. But as time goes by I wanted to make a point. I wanted to prove to the world that you can be the world champion without using steroids. I’ve never used steroids in my life, and I wanted to make a point for myself.
    Who's stopping him from doing the testing and making the point? That has nothing to do with Condit or Hendricks or any other opponent.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Thread Information