Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: GSP 'very disappointed' with lack of UFC support for his drug testing

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    So if VADA did not sponsor the tests, why are they allowed to use GSP on their webpage as a main athlete who supports VADA?

    GSP's camp claims VADA paying, VADA denies this... still something fishy. If I was Hendricks, I would say forget this too..

    What is wrong with WADA considering the claims neither agency is paying for the testing?

    Long story short, GSP should not be attached to the company he is challenging his opponent to get a drug test from.
    Simply put, VADA's testing is far more intensive.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    i dont necessarily think Hendricks is jucing, but i would not be surprised at all if he got popped for diuretics. Given the amount of weight he cuts and how "easy" it comes off because of the Dolce diet. I could possibly see something showing up in his tests that wouldnt normally...but with that said i dont see either guy failing the test. With all the talk in the media about it they would be stupid to even consider it.

    WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    i dont necessarily think Hendricks is jucing, but i would not be surprised at all if he got popped for diuretics. Given the amount of weight he cuts and how "easy" it comes off because of the Dolce diet. I could possibly see something showing up in his tests that wouldnt normally...but with that said i dont see either guy failing the test. With all the talk in the media about it they would be stupid to even consider it.
    Could use something the NSAC would not catch.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    World of Pain!
    Posts
    4,337

    Default

    @bonesknows wouldn't a diuretic show up on the commissions test b/c it would be something u take the last week before fight? Honest question. If so it wouldn't even concern vada, right?

    I know if I was going to fight snigs and he had been linked with ped speculation in the past and he volunteered us to take test that he would pay for. Now I find out he is aligned with the testing agency in some capacity then I would say no as well. ( Sorry for the run-on sentences I am on my phone)

    I really don't think either are taking peds. Gsp would lose rep if he was caught and Johnny would lose the title and money if he won. I am just going to enjoy a great champion versus a worthy contender.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    So if VADA did not sponsor the tests, why are they allowed to use GSP on their webpage as a main athlete who supports VADA?

    GSP's camp claims VADA paying, VADA denies this... still something fishy. If I was Hendricks, I would say forget this too..

    What is wrong with WADA considering the claims neither agency is paying for the testing?

    Long story short, GSP should not be attached to the company he is challenging his opponent to get a drug test from.
    What about all the other fighters/athletes on the site? lol don't talk stupid.

    as for the UFC ..... starting to think they really don't give a shit about cheaters, even the punishment for getting caught is a joke. Meh MMA might go the way of boxing for me, might just have to stick with Jr sports for the real thing.
    Last edited by Qball1974; 10-10-2013 at 07:09 AM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I disagree. White has no say and why should Hendricks agree to get tested by one of GSP's sponsors? Hendricks was ok with WADA testing but GSP insisted on VADA, no?

    If they are not one of GSP's sponsors, it seems kind of fishy he allows them to promote him as a VADA participant on their webpage.
    and BTW it's the same f'n testing but don't let your haterade interfere with your logic.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,962

    Default

    Qball telling somebody not to let their personal feelings about a fighter interfere with logic....thats funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    18,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    and BTW it's the same f'n testing but don't let your haterade interfere with your logic.
    So if it is the 'same f'n testing'..

    Why wont GSP agree to WADA instead of VADA?

    I know why Hendricks wont agree to VADA but will agree to WADA.

    Dont let your nut hugging interfere with your logic!

    I am not saying GSP is using PEDs but I am saying I can understand why Hendricks would want to use another testing agency if he decided to play GSP's game. And play GSP's game is exactly what it is, Hendrick's has not had to deal with the suspicions and accusations he is using PEDs like GSP does. Hendricks has shit all to prove to GSP other than if he can win the fight or not.

    Hendrick's agreeing to VADA testing just puts money in GSP's pocket and does shit all for Hendricks.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 10-10-2013 at 10:05 AM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    So if it is the 'same f'n testing'..

    Why wont GSP agree to WADA instead of VADA?

    I know why Hendricks wont agree to VADA but will agree to WADA.

    Dont let your nut hugging interfere with your logic!

    I am not saying GSP is using PEDs but I am saying I can understand why Hendricks would want to use another testing agency if he decided to play GSP's game. And play GSP's game is exactly what it is, Hendrick's has not had to deal with the suspicions and accusations he is using PEDs like GSP does. Hendricks has shit all to prove to GSP other than if he can win the fight or not.

    Hendrick's agreeing to VADA testing just puts money in GSP's pocket and does shit all for Hendricks.


    He did agree to WADA lol

    What "game" is GSP playing??? the i'm clean game? o.0

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,935

    Default

    I feel like Georges' marketing team failed him on this one. If he was genuinely interested in cleaning up the sport, he should be willing to be tested whenever, wherever. If Hendricks had any concerns about St. Pierre's relationship with VADA--and he voiced them eloquently enough to make a splash in MMA media--Georges could have silenced them by immediately agreeing to WADA, VADA, MADDA, whateva.

    Sadly, this article doesn't make him look good. It comes off as whiney and self serving. I don't believe either fighter juices, anymore than I have suspicions about general athletes in pro sports, but it's certainly not doing him any favors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Real men keep their word.
    Real Champions fight the #1 contender instead of vanity fights.

    Wonder if Hendricks is juicing as we speak.
    You could just as easily say that about Georges. At least Hendricks hasn't been accused before.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Dana should have stepped in and made Hendricks honor his word.
    If he's not going to step in and make a champion fight the #1 contender, he's not going to care about some testing--unless one fighter tests hot. Then he's going to pretend it was always a big deal for him.

    That's promotion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Could use something the NSAC would not catch.
    So could Georges. In fact, since Georges relies on a medical team more than Hendricks does--and has far more resources available to him, you could say it's more likely that he would. Given the fact that we, as fans, know nothing at all about either fighter's integrity beyond what the media tells us.

    Which is nothing, really.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •