Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dong Hyun Kim calls KO of Erick Silva 'luck,' apologizes for fence grab

I'd like a yellow card/red card type dealy here, where the first fence grab draws a yellow and a warning and the second gets a red card and a point deduction.

For me, there needs to be consistency in ruling here, because so many times, a guy like Yamasaki will literally give around 8 warnings throughout a fight without ever taking a point.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Don't grappling tourneys even start standing?

A takedown is earned. Therefore I see your point as being senseless.

Standing is a neutral position and considering takedowns are figured into scoring, I would say there is no advantage at all.
    In a wrestling match in the 2nd and 3 period wrestlers get a choice of top, bottom or neutral. I do not know about BJJ.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Yeah, I was aware of that.

Pretty sure ADCC and most grappling tourneys start on the feet and award 2 points for takedown whether into guard or past guard.

I was knocking on your door with my half-trolling and surprised it took you this long to chime in!!!
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Yeah, I was aware of that.

Pretty sure ADCC and most grappling tourneys start on the feet and award 2 points for takedown whether into guard or past guard.

I was knocking on your door with my half-trolling and surprised it took you this long to chime in!!!
    Sorry, I will try to be more on it next time lol.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

LOL......I just figured you would have an instant opinion on the cage comment.

I think the cage is why wrestlers have been able to dominate the UFC over the years.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information