Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jake Shields ‘would be down’ to fight winner of Condit vs. Brown

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    If Shields' standup looks anything like it did last night, Condit will avenge that one.
    Well, it usually does...Shields's only chance is a 3 round decision...I see no chance for him in a 5 rounder, which-a rematch would likely be.

^Those scorecards are a bit surprising though. I thought Maia edged out the 5th and therefore I gave him the fight but it really was a coinflip. I just thought that the little headkicks Shields was landing that Florian said "he was having alot of success with" very rarely landing and did very slight damage.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    If Shields' standup looks anything like it did last night, Condit will avenge that one.
    His standup has always been shitty, I remember hiim getting tagged on bully beatdown. I couldn't tell who the pro was when they were standing.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

I hope Shileds does not fight in a long time, he is seriously very very very boring to watch. His only entertaining fights have been his loses.
    But when he wins, it is really boring to watch.

He is a good fighter, and he has his style and it is effective. Maybe for a wrestling fan it may be very interesting to watch his fights, but for a MMA fan..what a borefest!
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I hope Shileds does not fight in a long time, he is seriously very very very boring to watch. His only entertaining fights have been his loses.
    But when he wins, it is really boring to watch.

He is a good fighter, and he has his style and it is effective. Maybe for a wrestling fan it may be very interesting to watch his fights, but for a MMA fan..what a borefest!
    You think that his most previous win was boring? I must disagree with you, I'll admit he is a tad slow to watch but his control is great. I'd like to see him and Askren go for it. That was a wonderful fight to watch, that one reversal while Maia was trying to lock onto his back (3rd round?) and Jake turned in and got on top was beautiful. I very much enjoyed that fight when it was on the ground. Standup...meh in this fight.

Side note: I wonder if anyone with more grappling knowledge would be able to put together a list of some of the best reversals, switches transitions that have happened. The Maia/Sonnen transition that happened before the end was incredible.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Thread Information