Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Palhares vs Pierce - Spoiler Jawns

Default Palhares vs Pierce - Spoiler Jawns

So, am I the only one who thinks Rousimar held that sub too long? I know he's done it before and far worse, but if this is a thing, or a pattern, with this guy then there has to be some way to punish this.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Meltzer said that the UFC is probably going to give him a 9 month suspension for being a prior offender and 9 months would be about the amount of time for him to miss the payday on what would be his next big fight. Couple that with the fact that, despite the win, alot of guys don't want to fight him because that type of shit is dangerous. I've heard talk of him getting dropped altogether because of this being the second glaring time and they cut Babalu for only one major foul...

I say, if and/or when he comes back and gets Maia.

I'll have to go rewatch the fight but I didn't think it was at the time. I thought he didn't let go after the tap and he waited for the ref to jump in and separate it. After his fight with Dan Miller, I understand why he would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I'll have to go rewatch the fight but I didn't think it was at the time. I thought he didn't let go after the tap and he waited for the ref to jump in and separate it. After his fight with Dan Miller, I understand why he would do that.
    The ref tried to get under the leg to relieve the pressure after he signaled the end of the fight. Plus I know you can feel your opponent tap out when you have a sub on him. While it wasn't as bad as his previous infraction, it definitely was a dick move. Also, if you've had a bad ref not call a tap that resulted in you letting a sub go, I can understand your needed the ref to separate the hold. But if you have the guy tapping and the ref smacking you, you downright should have to make the ref try to pry your hands off of your opponent.

Palhares definitely went too long. Heck, Pierce was vocalizing his tap for a few seconds before Palhares let go. It's a shame that such a talented fighter may get let go because of this.

6. Default

Why the UFC doesn't cut Simple Jack is beyond me.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Just rewatched it. I'm still not convinced. What I saw was Pierce tap and yell in pain. That still doesn't mean that Palhares has to let go of the hold. The ref jumped in and seemed to immediately try to break the hold. Looking at the direction that Rousimar was looking in he might not have seen what was going on. The average human reaction time is approximately 1.5 seconds and I don't think there is much more time, if any between the time the ref jumps in and the time the hold is released.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Held too long. I thought it was pretty obvious and was yelling at the tv myself. Had this been his first offense, I could see the excuses being used. But every time I see him go for the leg, I'm fully expecting him to tear stuff.
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Just rewatched it. I'm still not convinced. What I saw was Pierce tap and yell in pain. That still doesn't mean that Palhares has to let go of the hold. The ref jumped in and seemed to immediately try to break the hold. Looking at the direction that Rousimar was looking in he might not have seen what was going on. The average human reaction time is approximately 1.5 seconds and I don't think there is much more time, if any between the time the ref jumps in and the time the hold is released.
    Pierce tapping and yelling in pain signals the ref that the fight should stop as he has given up. The offensive fighter isn't required to let up. But when the ref vocally and physically instructs the offensive fighter to stop, then it should stop immediately, Pierce tapping and being vocal prior to that should have given him a slight heads up. Also, through a quick and not gravely detailed search, the human reaction time is an average .2 - .25 seconds depending on the environment and all that (using hypertextbook.com as a reference). Which is still longer than what it took for him to break the hold once the ref jumped in. That extra time gives more of an unwarranted opportunity for potential career ending damage to take place.

I can't believe this is a debate.

4 times toquinho has pulled this shit. 4 times....in 15 fucking wins. 4 times in 11 subs.

Think about that for a second.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information