Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Palhares vs Pierce - Spoiler Jawns

Annnnnd hes banned from the UFC.

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 17m
    “@JeremySchaap: @danawhite tells me on @ESPNOlbermann that Rousimar Palhares is banned. won't ever fight for UFC again...” There it is.

Banned for life, boom.

Enjoy the BFC WW tourney finals next year Palhares! But just a head's up, Daley won't be making weight.

Now they're saying it's just a release. Well then, big difference, enjoy your one AXS main event before getting called back on short notice tree stump.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

good for the ufc

Well, this actually made me happy. I hate to say it because this is someones livelihood and he truly was a talented fighter but I have always hated him because i perceived him as a dirty fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    Pierce tapping and yelling in pain signals the ref that the fight should stop as he has given up. The offensive fighter isn't required to let up. But when the ref vocally and physically instructs the offensive fighter to stop, then it should stop immediately, Pierce tapping and being vocal prior to that should have given him a slight heads up. Also, through a quick and not gravely detailed search, the human reaction time is an average .2 - .25 seconds depending on the environment and all that (using hypertextbook.com as a reference). Which is still longer than what it took for him to break the hold once the ref jumped in. That extra time gives more of an unwarranted opportunity for potential career ending damage to take place.
    I have read both of your post and you seem to contradict yourself in both of them. in this one did you mean he held the hold much longer than the average reaction time? Because the way you word it you are saying the average reaction time was longer than it took for him to release.

Also in your previous post you make it sound like he should wait for the ref to pry him off instead of stopping once the reg first touches him and says stop.

I don't think that this particular incident was bad enough to warrant a cut, but I can see how all of his previous incidents could push it that way.

Imo, if a fighters wants to hold onto a submission till the ref jumps in, I'm usually ok with that, but if the guy taps, they should be mentally ready to let go once the ref comes in. They need to be ready for the ref to come in and be aware of the refs when they do. It's sad that it is taking Palhares so many incidents to learn this. And gosh damn, it's not like Pierce's taps were sneaky, there was no way he could deny that he tapped out. If you see the other fighter clearly tapping and screaming, let go of the damn lock, there are like 5 cameras recording from every angle, they will see him tap your leg 10 times.

Paul harris did a very bad thing and got what he had coming. MMA should also be about discipline. But if we are going to jump on Paul Harris's ass about holding a hold too long, then what about guys like Hendo? His flying forearm on an obviously unconscious opponent, and he even admitted he knew Bisping was out. How about the countless times we'd seen a guy continue to punch an unconscious opponent in the face on the ground, after he knocked him out on the feet? Yeah the rules allow that, but come on? Isn't that basically the same thing? What happens when one of those guys don't wake up after taking extra shots? I say it's good the UFC takes a stand, but don't stop there. If NFL linebackers have to be in control of their bodies while they are hurling their 300 lb frames at offensive players, then why shouldn't we demand the same kind of discipline from "martial artists"?

But it does suck to see one of the best submission fighters in the world go out like that. I think he goes to Japan or fights in Brazil.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information