Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Palhares banned for LIFE from the UFC

Quote Originally Posted by classicironman View Post
    Frank Mir won't hessitate to break arms and tear ligamints even when unnecessary and Dana has no problem keeping him in the main event even when loosing to top fighters but Palhares banned for life and cheated out of the bonus he easily earned ? We see Dana's double standards all the time but this one is extreme load of crap even for Dana.
    Did any of Frank's opponents tap and then he proceeded to break and tear?
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Frank Mir won't hessitate to break arms and tear ligamints even when unnecessary and Dana has no problem keeping him in the main event even when loosing to top fighters but Palhares banned for life and cheated out of the bonus he easily earned ? We see Dana's double standards all the time but this one is extreme load of crap even for Dana.
    Seriously, night and day. If a fighter is caught and refuses to tap, Mir has no choice. Never have I seen Mir hold a sub after a tap with intent to injure.

When has Mir hurt someone after they tapped or held a subb after a tap or the ref touching him? Serious question... If there are fights I want to look them up...

Mir has never continued the sub after one has tapped or the ref stopped the fight. There is no comparison here at all.

I don't know if banning Palhares for life was too harsh, but he is a multiple offender. I understand he got screwed in 1 fight where he released the sub too early. There is a happy medium though, and it really isn't that difficult to adhere to it. When the ref stops the fight - you stop. Plain and simple. No other fighter that I can think of has any problem with this (aside from the aforementioned Babalu). Don't understand why it needs to go to the wrong extremity for Palhares.

Really is a shame though, because the guy could have contended. There's no argument about his skills.

I'm not sure if he does it to be malicious, or if he's just so into it he's slow to stop... It's kinda weird. It doesn't matter the reason, you're talking an issue of fighter safety... He's had plenty of time to figure it out and quit doing it and he hasn't... I'm glad the ufc took action.

We have had some pretty dumb ignorant post on this board before but this post here has a serious shot at being No 1.

WOW.

I'm pretty sure every one of Frank's injured opponents even came out and said they had no intention of tapping until the ref stopped it anyway.

There have always been rumors of Palhares having some mental issues and I sincerely hope he gets them worked out if that's so. Think about it: Just stopping against Marquardt, climbing the fence against Miller, the 4 long-held submissions, the heel hook after being told to stop at ADCC 2011 (Avellan I believe), etc. etc.

This guy is messed up and has no business being turned loose where he can ruin another person's career with his ridiculous antics.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

You obviously are not reading into to the situation as you are completely taking Mir's submissions of Sylvia and Nogueira out of context. Nogueira did not want to tap in time leading to his shoulder being seperated and Sylvia's forearm snapped without him evening realizing it.... all before the fights were stopped might I add. Palhares continues to crank onto his submission after his opponents tap and even after the ref signals the fight over. No double standards here on Dans's part.

PS... I should have followed your quote about arguing with a fool.

This is sad, to me it is a very radical decision actually.

However it is not that bad, because he will be back in UFC in 2 or 3 years if he manages to get a good streak of wins.

When Dana says that somebody is banned for life it means that they simply need to win some fights and they will be back.
    What Paul Daley did was 100x worse than this, and Dana is already contemplating bringing him back.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

serious question, and by no means am i trying to defend paul harris but how is holding a submission any worse than pounding a guy who is already KTFO with a few extra shots after he is out. Clearly Erik Silva was out and Stungun landed that vicious hammer fist to add icing on top of the cake yet that is encouraged and holding a submission a little longer is considered "unsportsmanlike"

Thread Information