Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Palhares banned for LIFE from the UFC

I don't personally think the punishment fit the crime; but a business has to protect its assets, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    I don't personally think the punishment fit the crime; but a business has to protect its assets, I suppose.
    that would be true if this was an isolated incident but he has done this before in addition to getting caught juicing and accusing others of greasing with his only evidence being his trademark leg lock dind't work.

he is also essentially a glorified cody mckenzie if he doesnt win by leg lock he doesnt win. he doesnt even have great bjj besides that he got knocked out by belcher from like half guard.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I think the dude has legit mental health issues. He grew up on some slave farm and slept on a barn floor or some shit. I wonder if it messed him up a little.
    I agree man. There's a big difference between an exciting and unpredictable fighter, and have a screw or two loose. Between Palhares' weird "Is the fight over" behaviour during the Marquardt fight, then the "Oooh the fights over, oh wait..." behaviour against Miller, he's done some shady and just plain strange things in the cage.

Holding on to a rear naked for a second longer is one thing (and more often the not the consequences won't be too severe), but to hold on to a leg lock a second too long could be the difference between the opponent being good to fight in a few months, and them being on the shelf for the best part of a year with some rehab mixed in.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    The sub with timecode

you do realize the video stops and then skips forward and just puts up 1 second i counted watching the actual fight and it was more like 8 seconds.

5. Default

I would agree that the conduct of Paul Harris does warrant the punishment he received, but it seems like he got away with 3, and hit with a truck for # 4. I would find this a lot less jarring if his first one had a punishment, the second a stiffer punishment, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    I would agree that the conduct of Paul Harris does warrant the punishment he received, but it seems like he got away with 3, and hit with a truck for # 4. I would find this a lot less jarring if his first one had a punishment, the second a stiffer punishment, and so on.
    he got suspending 90 days the first time and 9 months the second...

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    you do realize the video stops and then skips forward and just puts up 1 second i counted watching the actual fight and it was more like 8 seconds.
    That's nonsense. I just rewatched, it's not even close to 8 seconds. I have no idea why you would even say that.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Sorry but if it was 8 seconds his foot would be absolutely broken.

Last edited by Pasha K; 10-12-2013 at 07:43 PM.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I feel that this decision is far too severe UNLESS Pierce sustained a significant injury from the hold.

Thread Information