Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Palhares banned for LIFE from the UFC

It sucks because had it been strikes he would probably have a shot at coming back to the UFC, but having a reputation for holding on to one of the most dangerous subs in MMA for too long is pretty much a career killer. It's a shame because he could have been a great challenge for GSP. I can't really blame fighters who say they would never fight him, that's pretty scary to think about what he could do to your knee if he catches you. It's a damn shame, he could have been a hell of a contender. I think he'll be the new OneFC or WSOF champ by next year if they take him.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

'Sad' Rousimar Palhares finally admits holding heel hook 'too long' in submission win over Mike Pierce
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/21/4...submission-mma
    Nevertheless, Palhares offered up his apologies and reiterated that he never meant to hurt Pierce during his recent appearance on "The MMA Hour:"

"No, I did not want to hurt him. In the heat of the fight I did not feel him tap. Afterwards, when I watched the fight I realized that I held on too long, but I really did not mean to hurt him. He is a fighter like I am and I know he does this for a living and I would never want to hurt him."

When asked about his past track record of holding submission too long, "Toquinho" says it's his aggressive style that's to blame but that he never has ill will in his heart, he just wants to make sure he gets the win.

He explains:

"I think it has a lot to do with my style, I am really aggressive when I go after submissions. There has been times where I do not hold on and people get out and then I lose the fight, I am the way I fight. I'm getting better and been working a lot on this, but, this is my style."

...I retract everything I've said to defend him.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information