Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Forum

Default Book Forum

You know we have a forum for movies and games. I'm surprised we don't have one for books. I know alot of people on here must read. I think we should have one to discuss books and comics.

i mostly read WWII novel, Anthony Beevor is an awesome writer and historian.
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

I was big into Stephen King but since the accident he hasn't done anything as awesome (maybe cell). Now I'm reading Day by Day Armageddon. I'm starting to get into the zombie novels. I read about 3 novels at a time every couple of weeks.

I'm trying to get into non fiction but haven't found anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thamob View Post
    I was big into Stephen King but since the accident he hasn't done anything as awesome (maybe cell). Now I'm reading Day by Day Armageddon. I'm starting to get into the zombie novels. I read about 3 novels at a time every couple of weeks.

I'm trying to get into non fiction but haven't found anything yet.
    that's a crazy amount of reading bro, i read usually just before i go to sleep to kinda wind down from the day. Ill read like 50 pages a day. I dont really like fiction for the most part and am a huge history buff. WWII and WWI being my fav topics, but i also read alot of ancient history, mainly Greek and Roman. I used also read alot of philosophy as well mainly Existentialism: Nietzsche, Sartre and such. I work 10 hour days and love video games too much so its hard for me to read alot lately. =(
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

I take the c-train in so I have a ton of time. I treat books like tv. It's whatever I'm in the mood for. I've read some history, the last I read was "The Most Evil Men and Women in History". I'm trying to do the philosphy but still just can't "get it". I still game but that's Friday and Saturday for 2 hours when the entire house has gone to bed.

That'd be cool.

I read anywhere from 4-8 books a week, alot of Fantasy & Sci Fi, plus technical nonfiction (physics, computer), and a lot of history stuff also.

I don't watch TV at all other than MMA and movies, so I have an abundence of free time. (It also doesn't hurt that I can devour a 300+ page book in an hour or two)

Quote Originally Posted by lordpyro View Post
    That'd be cool.

I read anywhere from 4-8 books a week, alot of Fantasy & Sci Fi, plus technical nonfiction (physics, computer), and a lot of history stuff also.

I don't watch TV at all other than MMA and movies, so I have an abundence of free time. (It also doesn't hurt that I can devour a 300+ page book in an hour or two)
    thats insane bro, 300 page book would take me like a week lol, but English is my 3rd language. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Luc1an View Post
    thats insane bro, 300 page book would take me like a week lol, but English is my 3rd language. =(
    LOL, you're doing better than me. The only languages I know other than English are programming languages.

Actually, I started reading a very young age, and inadvertently taught myself how to speed read. I use a similar method to the one they used to advertise on TV.

What's your native language, French? (Sorry if I'm being a dumbfuck but, I've heard French is widely spoken up your way. Its pretty common here too, ecspecially down along the western Gulf Coast of Louisiana)
    Last edited by lordpyro; 11-28-2012 at 11:00 PM.

I just picked up a copy of Daniele Bolelli's On the Warrior's Path: Philosophy, Fighting, and Martial Arts Mythology ...

I really enjoy Bolelli on the JRX so lets hope he is good of a read as he is a listen.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by lordpyro View Post
    LOL, you're doing better than me. The only languages I know other than English are programming languages.

Actually, I started reading a very young age, and inadvertently taught myself how to speed read. I use a similar method to the one they used to advertise on TV.

What's your native language, French? (Sorry if I'm being a dumbfuck but, I've heard French is widely spoken up your way. Its pretty common here too, ecspecially down along the western Gulf Coast of Louisiana)
    Russian/Ukrainian i also speak a bit of polish and some serbian. i used to also speak german when i was younger but have forgotten mostly all of it. =(

Thread Information