Thread: Frank Shamrock - bound by blood

Default Frank Shamrock - bound by blood

event:http://www.spike.com/video-clips/kts...bound-by-blood

Did any of you watch this and if so what you think?

I enjoyed it a whole lot I only wish my DVR had not cut off the last 5 min of the show.

For any of you who not followed the sport for the last 20 some odd years I highly recommend taking the time to watch

For anyone who does not know just how great Frank was in his prime this is a must watch.

Shit. I knew there was something I wanted to watch last night, but couldn't remember that the hell it was. Damn, hope they have a replay.

Frank was a beast... I don't know who, but I remember that the first KO from a takedown that I saw was from Frank...

very very interested documentary (if u wanna call it that). i must say, now that i kno what the real beef was between the shamrock brothers, i gotta side w/ kenny.

Well I searched online to see when they'd be showing it again, but I can't find anything. But I did just search again, and found the full video on Spike's site, if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.spike.com/episodes/lv4m2j...eason-1-ep-001

Edit: OMG these damn commercials from this link. Wish I DVR'd it. and could skip them.
    Last edited by Spoon; 10-12-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Epic Fight for your Memory Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post

Epic Fight for your Memory Bank.
    One of my favorites. I use to spend hours just watching Bas on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Ginmortal View Post
    Frank was a beast... I don't know who, but I remember that the first KO from a takedown that I saw was from Frank...
    Frank actually felt bad about that since he and Igor were friends.

Frank was a beast and really embodied the mixed in MMA. He put on great fights and you wanted to watch him because you knew you'd see an exciting match.

Default Shamrock: I cried for 1st hour of sit down with Ken

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...down-with-Ken/

"I wondered if we could get Ken. He's such a big part of my life story because martial arts is a big part of the story. Once we started conversations, he was weirdly receptive," Frank Shamrock said.

With hindsight, he also said he wasn't ready at all for what happened, including Ken outright calling him a coward to his face.

"No I wasn't (ready). I was totally caught off guard and I was very emotional about it. The whole thing was very painful. I'd forgotten how erect Ken is, and it blew me away. I think I started crying in the first two seconds. I just came to apologize. I know some of the things I did were wrong, not because I meant to be wrong, but because I didn't make the right decision at the time," Frank Shamrock said.

Frank admitted, in particular, that he should have attended his adopted father Bob Shamrock's funeral in 2010. Bob, who adopted Frank after he got out of Folsom prison for robbing a Taco Bell, had spoken few words to Frank since 1997, a conversation that lasted perhaps 20 seconds after the Ortiz fight, and one visit Frank made after Bob had suffered a heart attack in 2009.

"I cried for like the entire first hour," he said. "It's not good. That's why we don't have more footage."

Thread Information