Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CFA 12 results: Ashlee Evans-Smith stops Fallon Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I cant believe the level of disgusting fighter bashing here.
    Because it's not about Vitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Because it's not about Vitor?
    Nailed it!
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    It's funny to read this. I always hear about its not faith its not belief its science. Yet when the shoe fits on the other foot its well sex is a scientific thing but we are gonna ignore science and facts and go on emotional feel here.

I dont get the whole man wanting to be a woman thing but to each there own. HOWEVER if a man feels the need to change himself into a herself he should have to give up competing in contact sports with women. Now I'm sure there are some on here who are hating just because, but you have many who take issue with this only because of fighting women aspect.
    It has zero to do with faith...Gender is a man made concept. Sex is scientific. Those are both facts. Gender is how you identify yourself, not what sexual organs you have. I don't get it either, and I'm glad because it must awful to feel that conflicted about yourself. I'm merely stating that its not as simple as a man beating his wife. Or a random at a bar punching a woman. At this point, these women know, and they are signing on their own volition. They are stepping up with all the facts and choosing to fight. I'm in no position to judge her as a person. I think the commissions should have always been aware of it, and what it really comes down to is does she, given that shewas born a man, have an unfair advantage? If not, then game on. If they decide she does have an unfair advantage, then yet shouldn't allow her to fight.

Gender has nothing to do with sexual organs in the same way that feet have nothing to do with walking. People have gotten too "smart" for their own good, and they twist simple and obvious facts into these nonsensical and abstract theories. Way too much is given in society so that people can pat themselves on the back for being enlightened and politically correct. I don't really enjoy posting about MMA here anymore, and the stuff I do feel compelled to post about only pisses me off. I've never wanted to do a big farewell thing, and then start posting again the next day, so I think I'm done here. I'll be in my cave where us neanderthals think that it's wrong for a dude with a mutilated Dick to play pretend while hitting women. You guys have fun patting each other on the back for being so damn open minded.
    Last edited by The Donosaur; 10-15-2013 at 09:14 AM.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Gender has nothing to do with sexual organs in the same way that feet have nothing to do with walking. People have gotten too "smart" for their own good, and they twist simple and obvious facts into these nonsensical and abstract theories. Way too much is given in society so that people can pat themselves on the back for being enlightened and politically correct. I don't really enjoy posting about MMA here anymore, and the stuff I do feel compelled to post about only pisses me off. I've never wanted to do a big farewell thing, and then start posting again the next day, so I think I'm done here. I'll be in my cave where us neanderthals think that it's wrong for a dude with a mutilated Dick to play pretend while hitting women. You guys have fun patting each other on the back for being so damn open minded.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

By Donosaur.

I have friends who are transgendered. I have a kid who used to work for me who is going through the preliminary stages of the surgical process. I don't have a problem with any of that.

I do not feel that Fox should be licensed to fight women, as I believe she made the change after puberty. I'd read where Olympic guidelines have no concern with trans athletes, provided they medically delayed puberty and made adjustment afterwards.

That being said, I don't bear any real animosity towards Fox. The loss isn't really that big of a deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Now I'm sure there are some on here who are hating just because, but you have many who take issue with this only because of fighting women aspect.
    They should take a moment to illustrate that, instead of simply referring to another human being as "it" or some bullshit like that.

I get it's a controversial topic. I'm not interested in forcing anyone to come to my personal perspective. But I feel obligated to state it clearly when I have one.

I'm not banning anyone for the petty bullshit that's already been said. It's certainly no worse than you'd find in a thread about Tito, or brock, or Vitor, for that matter.

But I am issuing a blanket warning here--not to you 'Jedi, but to the rest of the board--if you can't say anything that brings the board to a better, more informed place, if you can't state your opinion clearly and/or respectfully, don't bother posting. Nobody gives a shit if you hate transexuals, or if you hate any other underrepresented, for that matter. There are other boards on the internet for that shit.

Keep it about fighting or get the fuck out.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

I personally, don't have a problem with Fox fighting women. If she went through the proper protocols for her procedure, which I'm led to believe she did, and she's on weight and her opponents are aware, then it's not a big deal for me. At that point they are both willing, participating, adults who can make big girl decisions as to who they want to fight for money.
    You have to know what you don't know.

9. Default

Talking Vitor the fighter and how he's overhyped, never acting him as a person is comparable to acting Fallon Fox as a person?

Thats what we like to call a STRETCH.

BUT HEY, keep being simple minded bigots.

Talking Vitor the fighter and how he's overhyped, never acting him as a person is comparable to acting Fallon Fox as a person?
    Speakah Engrish prease.

BUT HEY, keep being simple minded bigots.
    Ah, moved the goal posts. The problem isn't fighter bashing, it's how it's done. Understood.

Thread Information