+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: CFA 12 results: Ashlee Evans-Smith stops Fallon Fox

I could really care less how people on here take my post as in my opinion most of the people on this board are too scared of offending others. I have long believed as a society that we have gone too far in the PC direction.

The bottom line is while I do not get the whole transgender thing I could also care less about it. What a person wants to do is there business and has never effected me. Have I cracked jokes about it before. Yes. Do I care if it offends people. No. But again I think people are too sensitive. Have I trashed her for changing from a man to a woman? No. Again its his / her business (and no thats not a back handed slap cuz she was a he when he made the choice)

My issue is her fighting. I do not think she has the right and I do not think the commission should let her. I was all for the commission when they suspended her license and I do not think they should have reinstated it. I am sorry, but choices people make effect what they can do in the future. She was 30 before she became a she. She was a full grown man. If she wants to do anything else in the world fine, but she should not be allowed to compete against women in a combat sport. If you want to think Im a bigot or simple minded thats your choice. Chances are we will not agree on many things but I doubt I really care about your opinion anymore than you care about mine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    I could really care less how people on here take my post as in my opinion most of the people on this board are too scared of offending others. I have long believed as a society that we have gone too far in the PC direction.

The bottom line is while I do not get the whole transgender thing I could also care less about it. What a person wants to do is there business and has never effected me. Have I cracked jokes about it before. Yes. Do I care if it offends people. No. But again I think people are too sensitive. Have I trashed her for changing from a man to a woman? No. Again its his / her business (and no thats not a back handed slap cuz she was a he when he made the choice)

My issue is her fighting. I do not think she has the right and I do not think the commission should let her. I was all for the commission when they suspended her license and I do not think they should have reinstated it. I am sorry, but choices people make effect what they can do in the future. She was 30 before she became a she. She was a full grown man. If she wants to do anything else in the world fine, but she should not be allowed to compete against women in a combat sport. If you want to think Im a bigot or simple minded thats your choice. Chances are we will not agree on many things but I doubt I really care about your opinion anymore than you care about mine.
    I don't think you're a bigot or even simple minded. I don't have an opposition to your opinion as much as I just have a differing one. I do take issue with those insulting her, I can't recall you actually lobbing insults, but I'm not reading back to earlier posts either. I'm not immediately offended by her fighting women who signed on the dotted line... but I think it's up to the commission to research this ordeal and make sense of it.

I think it's fine and a common opinion that you don't think she should fight women... but suggesting she changed JUST to fight women is preposterous. The amount of cost and hardship of the change far out weights the benefits of "being a man" fighting in WMMA...

I also think the only reason she gets much press is because she is transgender... for what that's worth.

Congratulations to Ashlee Evans-Smith for winning the tournament against someone who was a big favorite to win, and making some extra money in the process. That's all.

Ugh. Most threads seems to turn into everyone talking about forum rules, off-topic arguing, and MTV compassion/understanding crap rather than the original topic. I'm offended by it.

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Ugh. Most threads seems to turn into everyone talking about forum rules, off-topic arguing, and MTV compassion/understanding crap rather than the original topic. I'm offended by it.
    The original topic was results from a fight card.

Exactly, Fox got the beat down a lot of people wished for...

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    You're a fucking idiot.
    Perfect example, jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    You really might be one of the dumbest people I have ever met. Its sad that there are people who can only accept what they read and what people tell them and can not think for themselves. I have read the material. My understanding of it is Fox was a man, not a boy, already passed through puberty, and was training MMA. Then decided to become a woman and continue a career as a her. If that is incorrect then why don't you produce the proof showing I am wrong instead of writing about how my post sucks.

The simple truth is you probably can't but you are so concerned with being one of those people who accept any and everything that you think it makes you look like a better person.

Of course He at the time She now didn't come out and say this. Do you people who run scams or try to get a leg up or do fucked up shit just come out and say it? Do you think our government here in the states comes out and says the real reason for the shut down? No. Do you think large company CEO's tell you there real motives? No. Read the articles, do the research and form your opinion. Its what I did here.

Ok so in a quick search it now says she didn't do MMA first. Still I know I read that on here before. Still does not change my opinion. She was a full grown man before deciding to change. I am sorry but no man should ever hit a woman even if that "man" becomes a woman. She was at or over age 30 when she changed her gender and sex. And then decides to compete in a sport against women?? Sorry but that's taking PC too far. I need some fucked up commission who most of us on here can't get shit right to begin with to tell me what is right and what is wrong.
    Wait, so you're the one who thinks Fallon got a sex change solely so that she could compete in WMMA because it's easier, and so she can complete her lifelong dream of beating up women, and I'm one of the dumbest people you've ever met?

And because I find this ridiculous, and I challenged you to provide some proof of your frankly batshit insane conspiracy theory, its now somehow my job to scour the Internet looking for proof that Fallon didn't go through the lengthy and arduous physical and psychological process of gender reassignment for the above reasons?

And the only reason that I can't see the truth that's staring me in the face, man, is because I'm some bleeding heart liberal PC moron who's blinded by the PR spin of BigTranny?

In my defence, I guess I'm at a disadvantage here, because I lack your very specific Superpower of being able to read the minds of transgendered MMA fighters. Tell me, do the other X-Men make fun of you behind your back? Because your power seems kind of lame.

For the record, the last time this issue came up on this forum, my position was that she shouldn't be licensed to fight due to completing puberty as a male. At the time I believed that she would possess too much of a natural advantage over her competition. My position wavered when other posters presented good arguments (based on actual medical evidence) that most of those attributes would have atrophied over the 7 years of hormone therapy that Fox has undergone. Still, put a gun to my head and ask me to make a call, and I'd probably have to say no, because there were some contradictory medical opinions about the degree of atrophy, and I think commissions should err on the side of safety.

But to be clear Return Of, just because we are broadly on the same side of this issue that this doesn't mean that I don't think you are as dumb as a box of of rocks. Because I really think you are as dumb as a box of rocks.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information