+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Mir, Barnett top UFC 164's $1.12 million dollar payroll

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    18,474

    Default Mir, Barnett top UFC 164's $1.12 million dollar payroll

    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...ollar-payroll/

    Anthony Pettis: $54,000 (includes $27,000 win bonus)
    def. Benson Henderson: $110,000

    Josh Barnett: $160,000 (no win bonus)
    def. Frank Mir: $200,000

    Chad Mendes: $62,000 (includes $31,000 win bonus)
    def. Clay Guida: $44,000

    Ben Rothwell: $108,000 (includes $54,000 win bonus)
    def. Brandon Vera: $70,000

    Dustin Poirier: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
    def. Erik Koch: $15,000

    Gleison Tibau: $74,000 (includes $37,000 win bonus)
    def. Jamie Varner: $17,000

    Tim Elliott: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
    def. Louis Gaudinot: $8,000

    Hyun Gyu Lim: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
    def. Pascal Krauss: $15,000

    Chico Camus: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
    def. Kyung Ho Kang: $8,000

    Soa Palelei: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
    def. Nikita Krylov: $8,000

    Al Iaquinta: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
    def. Ryan Couture: $15,000

    Magnus Cedenblad: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus)
    def. Jared Hamman: $14,000

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Desert.
    Posts
    2,365

    Default

    Damn, Barnett gettin' those big bucks quick.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

    Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

    "He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,875

    Default

    I am pretty sure Barnett is still on his strikeforce contract.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Wow, 160,000 and 200,000 for two top 10 guys in the most important division in the Sport...

    How often do they fight on average a year, 2.5 times? Some minor league hockey players make that much.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Wow, 160,000 and 200,000 for two top 10 guys in the most important division in the Sport...

    How often do they fight on average a year, 2.5 times? Some minor league hockey players make that much.
    How is the hw division "the most important division in the sport?" And i doubt they are complaining. If you want to complain about fighter pay take it to the undercard fighters or even the mid card ones. They get paid bones for the same shit that upper ones go through.



  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    How is the hw division "the most important division in the sport?" And i doubt they are complaining. If you want to complain about fighter pay take it to the undercard fighters or even the mid card ones. They get paid bones for the same shit that upper ones go through.
    HW will always be the most important division in combat sports. No matter how much better Johnson, Barao, Cruz, Aldo, Pettis, GSP, Weidman are a HW not even the best HW but lets say Roy ...... can tool them!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    HW will always be the most important division in combat sports. No matter how much better Johnson, Barao, Cruz, Aldo, Pettis, GSP, Weidman are a HW not even the best HW but lets say Roy ...... can tool them!
    I don't see how that in any way makes hw the most important division. I don't even think the hw division draws in the most money right now.



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Wow, 160,000 and 200,000 for two top 10 guys in the most important division in the Sport...

    How often do they fight on average a year, 2.5 times? Some minor league hockey players make that much.
    No they don't. Minor league hockey players don't get paid shit. CHL players make almost nothing but get a nice chunk of cash to pay for school after. There are some players in the AHL that are signed with NHL under one way contracts that make that but not very many. 95% of the players in the AHL that are signed with an NHL team are on 2 way contracts that pay them about $60k a year when they are not up with the big club. They also play 82 times a year and play for free in the play offs.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Wasn't talking about CHL, I know they get nothing. Some European leagues that are way below NHL pay their players more than some top UFC fighters.

    "82 games + playoffs"

    It is not like MMA fighters work 2.5 days a year, they are training and sparing all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    No they don't. Minor league hockey players don't get paid shit. CHL players make almost nothing but get a nice chunk of cash to pay for school after. There are some players in the AHL that are signed with NHL under one way contracts that make that but not very many. 95% of the players in the AHL that are signed with an NHL team are on 2 way contracts that pay them about $60k a year when they are not up with the big club. They also play 82 times a year and play for free in the play offs.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Do you think anyone would have cared as much about Mike Tyson if he was fighting in the 135 lbs division in boxing (or what ever weight class is close, they have so many stupid meaningless weight classes...).

    Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    How is the hw division "the most important division in the sport?" And i doubt they are complaining. If you want to complain about fighter pay take it to the undercard fighters or even the mid card ones. They get paid bones for the same shit that upper ones go through.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •