Thread: Bellator 106's pay-per-view undercard includes Terry Etim, Mike Guymon

Default Bellator 106's pay-per-view undercard includes Terry Etim, Mike Guymon

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...im-mike-guymon

Bellator MMA's inaugural pay-per-view event now has seven bouts set for the night's Spike TV and Spike.com preliminary card, and some familiar names are part of the mix.

Bellator 106 takes place Bellator Nov. 2 at Long Beach Arena in California. Former UFC champs and Bellator newcomers Quinton Jackson and Tito Ortiz headline the show, which also features three title fights.
    MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Quinton Jackson vs. Tito Ortiz
    Michael Chandler vs. Eddie Alvarez - for lightweight title
    Pat Curran vs. Daniel Straus - for featherweight title
    Muhammed Lawal vs. Emanuel Newton - for interim light heavyweight title

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

Mike Bronzoulis vs. Joe Riggs - "Fight Master" tournament final
    Patrick Cenoble vs. Terry Etim

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com)

Jesse Juarez vs. Joe Williams
    Brandon Halsey vs. Hector Ramirez
    Mike Guymon vs. Aaron Miller
    Joe Camacho vs. Cleber Luciano
    Darren Smith vs. Josh Smith

For a company that doesn't want to be known for taking UFC rejects, they really are taking a lot of UFC rejects...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Title shots are earned and not given except in certain cases like Alvarez and King Mo I suppose. The King Mo one is a little more understandable sort of perhaps. However I know they needed to "stack" their first PPV ever so throwing some exciting fights together makes sense. I wonder what happens if Alvarez, Tito or Rampage gets hurt...
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Dunno how a 39 year old journeyman like Guymon moves the needle whatsoever if they were going to use somebody with the most minimal level of major league exposure. If I were booking the free prelims, I'd utilize it as a way to put on a shitload of exciting fights that would...you know, make people want to buy the PPV. This here would be a perfect time to bring in an explosive name like Paul Daley(who already has two fights booked for November and December, but they could've made arrangements despite the BFC heat) to put on fun show.

Personally, I'd almost be tempted to book a few past their prime stand-up brawlers like Scott Smith, Benji Radach, Terry Martin, Pete Sell as some "names/bodies" to put in there with some exciting young guns to entice the casual fan to watch the BFC PPV product.

I will always remember Guymon for suffering and submitting to that crazy painful looking body triangle from DaMarques Johnson a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I will always remember Guymon for suffering and submitting to that crazy painful looking body triangle from DaMarques Johnson a few years back.
    I'll always remember him for that submission and the sweet staredown that preceded it...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information