+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘Rampage vs. Tito’ Ticket Sales Confirm That Bellator Is Pretty Much F*cked, You Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Seeing Karo get wrecked doesn't get old.
    While entertaining, watching Karo get his ass kicked, it wouldn't be enough to see me buy tickets or a PPV.
    Phil Baroni

"I fight because I can't sing, I can't dance, and it beats working all day. Now ask me a question that doesn't sound so fucking stupid."

Forrest Griffin

"He did exactly what I wanted him to do and he knocked me the fuck out"

Were the PPV price cheaper, it would convince my frugal self to buy the PPV. $35-45 is far too much for the beginnings of a PPV product.

UFC 157 is a good example of title fight over super-fight/big name fight.

I think UFC eventually buys Bellator, but it is going to take two more PPV's after this one to force Viacom to let it go. Bellator being on Spike is nothing, Viacom owns Spike and Bellator, so putting Bellator on Spike just means they don't need to show more re-runs of "1000 Ways to die" "Bar Rescue" and "Ultimate Warrior".
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramma View Post
    All I thought during this entire article was how poorly written it was, and then to no surprise of mine...Cage Potato. Can't we ban them like MMABay?

Okay, back on topic. Did anyone ever really think Bellator was going to make it though?
    i thought bellator was going to be a cool little alternative to UFC you could watch from time to time like the WEC was but with the constant shows and randomly deciding to try and directly compete with the UFC they essentially dug their own grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Having the championship fight between Chandler and Alvarez be the co-main allows for Rampage/Ortiz to be a 5 round main event. Draws, especially those with legend status, have always had more consideration for main event status than championship fights. Co-main event status is definitely not a bad place to be.
    Yea, but if it goes 5 rounds, Rampage and Ortiz will be gassed. I'd rather see a good 3 round fight between them, than a boring 5 round one where they pace themselves.

Don't think the UFC buys Bellator.

Doesnt make any sense now that ALL the names in the game reside in the UFC.

Gone are the days when you could say 'such n such' could beat "UFC-fighter-guy" but he'snot in the UFC.
    The UFC has successfully recruited them all e.g;
    Jose Aldo, Gilbert Melendez, Hector Lombard, Mousassi, Overeem, Nick Diaz, CroCop, the list goes on and on, even the likes of Kimbo have all been absorbed and some spat out by the UFC.

Every fighter that has ever been praised as being 'the guy' to beat the UFC guys has been absorbed or no longer available e.g Alverez, Fedor...

Note:* Ben Askren who?

Bellator's three-part 'Rampage4Real' series debuts tonight on Spike TV
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/1...ht-on-spike-tv

The half-hour unscripted show, "Rampage4Real," airs tonight at 11 p.m. ET/PT. Part 2 debuts Oct. 24, and Part 3 is slated for Oct. 31.

According to Spike TV: "Before training starts, 'Rampage' tries to get in the last of his partying. Watch as he lives the rock star life style with his entourage, before he attempts to start getting back into shape."

What a summary......

I was hoping Page had grown up a little bit but you know he's going to go over the top for the camera and show you just why he'll never hold a meaningful title again.

He'll probably come in overweight. Tito will take the fight anyway. Rampage will win a boring decision. Tito will have his built-in excuse. Bellator will run another special showing a dedicated Rampage and try to drum up interest in a rematch.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Rampage for real? what? is he going on a rampage in his truck again?...
    On a side note... Karo is being added into the card due to his uncanny ability to put asses on the seats!... or maybe not...

10. Default

Karo used to be a guy I liked to watch. I think a fight with him when he was in his prime, and the GSP of the same era would have been an all time great(now, not so much). Id say the addition of Karo is more likely to add up to a few more on the fence customers buying the ppv, but if the difference in views/buys/whatever pays his salary, Id be suprised.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information