Thread: The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill

Default The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill

http://middleeasy.com/fighting/item/...ing-rumor-mill

For the past two weeks I've heard a lot of chatter regarding ONE FC being purchased by ZUFFA. Earlier last week I thought there was an imminent deal, however something must have held it up -- if UFC was indeed going to purchase ONE FC, of course. The UFC has always had a tough time breaking into the Asian MMA market and they want to acquire ONE FC in order to slip UFC into Asia. I've heard the UFC wants to do ONE FC what they did to Pride FC, essentially pick apart the organization, grabbing Asian stars and prospects, and eventually replace ONE FC with the UFC brand.

.Glory Kickboxing also had an opportunity to purchase ONE FC in the Winter of 2012, however they elected not to acquire the promotion and focus their efforts/finance on Glory.

.Anthony Johnson was nearly released from World Series of Fighting last week after NBC execs discovered his 2009 domestic abuse charge.

.A matchmaker for a large MMA promotion is being investigated for potential terrorist ties. Yeah, it sounds pretty wild, however this has been an on-going investigation for years. The info only leaked out recently.

.It was rumored that while Alistair Overeem trained for Bigfoot Silva, he installed a large black curtain in the Blackzilian camp and only trained with hand-selected training partners within the confine of this curtain.

.I've heard from multiple sources that Bjorn Rebney tried to prevent Glory Kickboxing from having a television deal with Spike TV in order to corner the market on combat sports on the network.

.After the Frank Shamrock special aired on Spike TV, many people were clamoring for a Ken vs. Frank Shamrock fight. Apparently this bout has been discussed by network execs and they're 100% up for the idea.

.I've also been told by a current UFC fighter that other UFC fighters are being instructed not to discuss in detail the topic of TRT when asked in interviews.

.DirecTV has recently been creating original programming for DirecTV subscribers and it's rumored they want to get into live sporting events, starting with MMA.

HAHAHA, that Alistair one is classic.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Ken vs Frank, baby-make it happen! Been a long time in the making, gotta sign it up and make it happen before it loses it's vigor!

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

A matchmaker for a large MMA promotion is being investigated for potential terrorist ties. Yeah, it sounds pretty wild, however this has been an on-going investigation for years. The info only leaked out recently.
    Whats this all about?

Anyone hear anything?

I know the guy who owned SFL allegedly has some terrorist ties or something along those lines but he is no match maker and I would hardly call SFL a large MMA promotion.

WSOF matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz
    My guess lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammar_al-Baluchi this guy goes by same name or something like it was involved with 9/11.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

for the past two weeks i've heard a lot of chatter regarding one fc being purchased by zuffa. Earlier last week i thought there was an imminent deal, however something must have held it up -- if ufc was indeed going to purchase one fc, of course. The ufc has always had a tough time breaking into the asian mma market and they want to acquire one fc in order to slip ufc into asia. I've heard the ufc wants to do one fc what they did to pride fc, essentially pick apart the organization, grabbing asian stars and prospects, and eventually replace one fc with the ufc brand.

noooooooooooooooo
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Whats this all about?

Anyone hear anything?

I know the guy who owned SFL allegedly has some terrorist ties or something along those lines but he is no match maker and I would hardly call SFL a large MMA promotion.
    I was going to say "haven't we heard this before?" But you're right, Cat, that description makes it sound like a new person.

I'm calling it: Sean Shelby is a secret Muslim and terrorist!

Aside from Ken's age and both guys' wear and tear on their bodies at such an advanced age for MMA fighters, I don't see Frank/Ken ever happening and my reasoning goes back to promotions not trusting Ken Shamrock and the very real possibility that he might hold them up for more money and threaten to pull out.

The Kimbo situation still lingers and I think will play a major factor in that fight never happening.

It would be sad if UFC kills another org, but unfortunately One FC has not been at all what they promised to be.
    At the time they primised that they will be even greater than Pride, and to be honest,, they do like 5 or 6 shows every year, and 90% of their fighters are Malaysians, Thais and Indonesians that no one knows at all.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information