Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JDS: I can beat both Klitschkos in boxing

Default JDS: I can beat both Klitschkos in boxing

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...kos-in-boxing/

UFC heavyweight Junior Dos Santos appeared on Mondayís "The MMA Hour" with Ariel Helwani ahead of his title fight Saturday against heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez on Oct. 19 in Houston, Texas. JDS says with four months training (one more than his usual camp) he could beat either of Klitschko brothers, Wladimir or Vitali.

"Iím a boxing guy," said dos Santos. "I love to box with my training partners and everything but now everybody is saying this, everybody wants to fight with boxing guys. Itís become not sincere. When I say that, Iím sincere."

"I think if they give me four months to get prepared, I can beat them. In the beginning of all my camps, I do just boxing. I love to train boxing and I think I have enough skills in boxing. I know how to see a good fight. Four months, thatís what I need."

"I did talk to Dana but just a little bit once. It wasnít very serious. Next time, maybe Iíll do that."

That's silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

I don't believe you junior.

Here we go again.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Hell I'd throw money on JDS in a boxing match. Not because I actually think he will win but the odds would be so astronomical that well.......what if lightning struck and the impossible happened? Besides with those odds whats a couple hundred down just in case.

You know what I would do with a million dollars? Two chicks at the same time.

Just sign it then.

Enjoy your nap when you throw that uppercut from a step out or hook to the body from the outside.

I agree with the previous sentiments stating that we pitch a fit when boxers talk about mma guys but somehow think it's ok for the opposite to go on.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

It is absolutely ridiculous.

JDS is easily in the Top 3 when it comes to "best boxers in MMA", however one thing is to be a good boxer for MMA and a very different is to be a good boxer for boxing, and another one also very different is being the boxing champion of the world!!

Klitschko (Wlad or Vitali) in his worst day would absolutely destroy any MMA fighter in a boxing match. Be it JDS, Mark Hunt, Anderson Silva, Gustafsson, or any other very good boxer for MMA.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Seeing as he was also able to rock Hunt early in the fight, I think he'd have a puncher's chance for sure. But I can't imagine his pure boxing technique is enough to compete with championship caliber boxers.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

10. Default

Oh Jesus...
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Thread Information